Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 01:50:50 PM

Author Topic: Layered Objects in Screen4  (Read 4124 times)

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
Layered Objects in Screen4
« on: July 13, 2006, 01:15:37 PM »
I modified the 1024.set file for a new Toolpath Screen (Page 3). I'm not grasping how to layer objects so buttons, etc. are on top of bitmaps.

Using Bitmaps to Back seems to effect all pages... when adjusting Page 3 bitmaps (grey panel to go behind buttons, etc.), I lose the material graphic on the Offsets Page (Page 7). So, I modified BackgroundToolpath2.jpg rather than float a separate grey panel .jpg.

Additionally, the small 20x20 objects in the upper left corner have moved to the front. And there is a grey bitmap covering "Ticker0" in Mach3 that doesn't show in Screen4. It is partially covering a button I added.

Here's what I ended up with:

http://www.coinet.com/~pwc/Mach3Screen/PaulWC.zip

Any help or pointers on how to tidy up the display for Mach3 would be *greatly* appreciated.  :)

Paul, Central OR
Re: Layered Objects in Screen4
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 02:44:50 AM »
Paul,

I feel your pain :)

I'm afraid my honest answer is that I really didn't understand how screen designer handled some of the graphic layers at times.

During the time Beano and myself did the screensets I found that sometimes things didn't look correct or ended up with blank areas etc.

I did find a work around however which may help you out.

Select the graphic or label etc that is causing the problem. Click copy. and then paste.

For some reason this corrected the problems I had. It re-pasted itself back so it was visible again.

Good luck.

Offline PaulWC

•  125 125
    • View Profile
Re: Layered Objects in Screen4
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 03:26:42 AM »
I've been reading other threads, and I saw a comment that succeeding bitmaps are placed behind existing elements?

Again, using "Bitmap to Back" seemed to have an effect on all screens. So... I'll try creative pasting next. :)

For the "Third Party" Screen Designer developer... I would like to add a wishlist item. The object dialog has pixel size and position fields. An additional field for object depth (layer) with 0...31 or 0...255 values would be usefull.

If the software development were in FORTRAN or COBOL... on punch cards. I might be able to pitch in, but I never kept up with these new fangled (sorry for the pun!) languages. ;)

Paul, Central OR