Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:00:25 PM

Author Topic: Connecting an MPG to Mach3  (Read 26382 times)

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Connecting an MPG to Mach3
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2009, 10:20:15 PM »
Screen 4 is a program that you use to make or customize screens for Mach. It can be found in the downloads section at the top of this page.

A sticky is a topic that is allways at the top of a board. It will be one of the first few listed in the general discussion board in this case.

No reason to feel like a dunce, non of us were born knowing any of this, but your willing to learn. That is all you need to do well with Mach.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2009, 02:48:07 AM »
No probs
 Screen4 is a small screen making/altering programme that comes with Mach, you should see it in the Mach3 folder on your drive (screen4.exe)
If you double click that and then when it starts choose to open a screen, if you are using the standard it will be called 1024.set and you will find it by browsing to your Mach3 folder (screen4 should look there by default)
 Once the screen is opened if you doble click on the DRO you want a box will open with various things in it one of which is the OEM code or it may even be set with the drop down list. If the DRO that you want is in the drop down list then all you do is choose that, if not then you need to enter the OEM code for the DRO. When you have done that just save the screenset and you are ready to go :) I would suggest you save the screenset as a different name however, that way when you upgrade Mach it wont get overwritten with the standard screen. If you for exapmle named your screen rogerbsstt.set you would just open Mach, go to View menu then load screens and browse to Mach3 folder and choose your screen and it will  load.

Now to the OEM code list, its in a thread I started, the thread has been stickied, ie it stays near the top of the forum and doesnt drop down like others do when no replies have been posted. Anyway if you click here you will find the list. http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,6657.0.html
Any more questions just ask :)
Hood

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2009, 02:49:34 AM »
Ah see Brett has already andswered some of your questions :)
Hood
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2009, 06:18:38 PM »
Thanks again,
I have successfully got the MPG to work using the transistor system, I had trouble getting the correct resistor value to provide the values needed,  so I went back to the Tranny idea.
I am still having trouble with the Glass Scale, maybe I need to retest my circiut, but will spend more time on it later this month.
Thank you all for the info on Screen 4 etc,  and also for the ongoing help and suggestions from you all.

rogerbsstt.

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2009, 06:49:23 PM »
You will need to download SCREEN4  from the sites Downloads>MACH & LAZYCAM> scroll down to SCREENS.
RICH
« Last Edit: January 11, 2009, 07:03:24 PM by RICH »