Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:17:46 PM

Author Topic: z axis problem  (Read 2882 times)

z axis problem
« on: December 18, 2008, 06:35:37 PM »
I just set up a new machine and I'm having a problem with the "Z" axis never ends up in the same position. When running a file I can be as much as 3/4" off from the start to the finnish. Any suggestions on how to correct this. Also is there a way of moving the any of the axis by typing in a paramiter such as .250?

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: z axis problem
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2008, 07:03:14 PM »
Hi, Jscevl

Try setting down the Velocity & Acceleration Settings in Motor Tuning.

TAB key pops out a Pendant, You can use it.

Chip

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: z axis problem
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2008, 07:05:21 PM »
Sounds like you are losing steps, especially if its ending up lower than it should, try reducing the Accel  by  half and see if it disapears, if it does then you can try and fine tune from there.
Entering a number into a DRO will just put that as the position, you can add and subtract from DROs now so for instance if you were 0.250 too low you could subtract that from the DRO and when your code runs it would move the axis up to where you should be. You can also enter commands in the MDI line to move an axis or if you want to move by a set distance you can set the Step Jog DRO  to what you want to move and set the Jog to step mode and each time you press the jog it will go that distance.
Hood