Hello Guest it is April 24, 2024, 07:53:40 AM

Author Topic: ModIO Discrete Flashers  (Read 4376 times)

ModIO Discrete Flashers
« on: December 16, 2008, 11:06:48 AM »
Can the ModIO Flasher timing be changed ?
If not what are some other ways of creating that type of function
Adam
Re: ModIO Discrete Flashers
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2008, 03:10:32 PM »
Hi,

The flash timing of the outputs is fixed. If you can provide a bit moredetail  about what you are wanting to do, I may be able to suggest a solution.

Cheers,

Peter.
----------------------------------------------------
Homann Designs
http://www.homanndesigns.com
email: peter at homanndesigns.com
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 09:42:50 PM »
All I want to use the flashers for are to run a stack light but just wanted to know  if there were fixed or not 

thanks
Adam

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »
oh,

you can do that easily in a Brain, Use a Timer Pulsing function, set the pulse duration to what ever you want, and put your initiating object for that light purpose. and then terminate to the Local modbus address that goes to that DO.  it will flash at the pulse time that you put given that the condition that inititates it stays true.

If you have several lights, i.e.  a Red, Yellow and Green for instance you can put your input Initation conditions going to an AND box, and use NO/NC (not inverted, and inverted) to give the conditions needed to set that Light, then each light would go though a Timer with your pulse rate, then out to the DO.

Max Resolution of the Pulsing Timer in a Brain is 0.1 seconds since Mach scans at that same rate.

scott
fun times