Hello Guest it is April 23, 2024, 03:59:01 PM

Author Topic: I'm having a movement plugin problem.  (Read 6333 times)

I'm having a movement plugin problem.
« on: December 15, 2008, 06:21:25 AM »
I'm pulling off the MainPlanner->Movements[Engine->trajIndex] GMoves structure and I have 65 entries of zeroes in the c,e,and s variables.  Time shows 63.  I get this nonsense after typing a G00 X5 Gcode command.  I did figure out that I needed to set MainPlanner->ExternalPulseRates to fixup an earlier problem I had with the motor tuning screen.  Obviously I have to set some other variables to get the GMoves structure to fill, but I don't know what these are.  Any help out there?

Thanks

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: I'm having a movement plugin problem.
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2008, 07:32:26 AM »
are you using the DDA's like in the Grex example or what?
fun times
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2008, 07:45:23 AM »
No, I'm using the ex, ey, ez,...sa, sa, sz variables.  I think I may have found what I needed in another post.  I needed to set the ExternalType an ExTime values.  It seems to be working now, however if anyone wants to post any other variables I migh have missed, please feel free.  Hunting for these by trial and error is a pain.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 08:06:36 AM »
"Hunting for these by trial and error is a pain"

And, THAT, is why I posted up the Plug in files on the Wiki, hoping that as what a undefined var does is found out, that the one who found it
would post on the Wiki what it does, is for, and how to use it............

If you would be so kind, Please update your findings on the Wiki, under the Plugins subject...........

scott
fun times
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 01:08:04 PM »
OK, I may be stupid, but I can't find the form to create an account to edit the WIKI.

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2008, 09:09:08 AM »
Look under the support tab above, then Mach Wiki..........
Once you get to the wiki hit the join.

scott
fun times
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 12:57:51 AM »
I would if there was a "join" in the Wiki main page.  I've even done a text search for "join" on the page in case my eyes were fooling me.

I do have a "create an account or login" link that is very hard to see by the way.  However I cannot log in with my forum ID (I get an error about the user not existing).  The error that is returned offers me to use the form to create a new account.  There is no form.

I don't think joining the Wiki is very intuitive.
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 04:09:29 AM »
Hi,

joining the wiki is no more possible since there was vandalism at the wiki, see here

Since there is no mailaddress to ask for I asked webmaster@machsupport.com and a few hours later I had an account.

Remember to say that you want to join the wiki for editing.

bye, Steffen