Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 09:47:03 AM

Author Topic: Need drawing layout of interface board for AC servor motor  (Read 10538 times)

Re: Need drawing layout of interface board for AC servor motor
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2008, 02:16:41 PM »
Here is how the STEP and DIRECTION signals would be connected. The manual states you must provide the E-STOP circuit for the drive power. I will post an example of that when I get a chance AND check on the shipping!

Darek
« Last Edit: December 31, 2008, 10:34:13 AM by HillBilly »
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2008, 10:54:54 AM »
It would cost $35 to ship to Ho Chi Minh USPS.

In the provided schematic I have linked the drives together so if one faults is will disable all of them. This signal will also be the E-STOP input for Mach3. I used this same logic on a Yaskawa AC servoes system I did (pic attached).

Darek
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 10:08:56 AM »
Dear HillBilly
Thanks a lot for your helpfull. I knew that maybe I better buy one board from you. Let me talk to my Americal friend, then he'll contact you.
But how about the cost? Pls. let me know.
Thanks. again.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2009, 10:13:45 AM by namnp2007 »
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 07:13:34 AM »
The total for the board shipped to you would be $114USD.

Darek
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »
Dear Derek( or Hillbilly?)
Sorry for late answer from me, now I have to buy one AC servo interface from you. Pls. inform me about the price and coulg you ship it to Viet Nam?
Bu the way, could you contact me by e-mail? My e-mail is: namnp2007@gmail.com
Waiting for you soon.
Nam
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 07:30:47 PM by namnp2007 »
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 12:15:10 PM »
Nam should be getting his board soon so I put together a basic procedure for setting up a system like this. I figured post it here for all to see.

Darek

Digital AC Servo

1. Read the servo manual.

2. Have the servo tuned and jogging from the servo control panel.

3. See how many encoder pulses equal an inch ( or millimeter.).

4. Determine if electronic gearing should be used. *see note A

5. Have the servo setup for step and direction input.

6. Defeat the following error fault or set it to a high value.

7. Set the display to indicate following error.

Mach 3

1. Read the Mach manual.

2. Set ports and pins motor outputs to reflect where the servo is hooked.

3. Set the pulses per inch ( or millimeter) in motor tuning as figured earlier and start with a low rapid speed and a high  accel/decel value.

4. Jog at full speed or MDI some G0 moves.

a. Adjust accel/decel by observing the machine starting and stopping making sure the machine reached a steady
speed before decel. *see note B

b. Adjust speed while observing the servo FE display. The faster you go the higher this number will be. When you reach the speed limit of your servo the FE number will keep rising while moving instead of reaching a steady number. *see note C

*Notes

A. This is where resolution and speed work against one another. At 10,000 pulses per inch you would have 0.0001 inch resolution ( or 1000 pulses per millimeter you would have 0.001 millimeter resolution.). At Mach 3’s default 25kHz kernel speed your top speed would not exceed 150IPM ( or 1500mmPM.). Mach’s kernel speed can be increased up to 100kHz but computing power must be considered above 35kHz.

B. You want the accel/decel as fast as the machine can take. The rigidity of the machine will determine this. This will keep corner rounding to a minimum when using CV. 

C. The highest steady FE number + ~ 10% will be what you want to set in you servo FE fault parameter. This should protect your system against excessive cutting pressure or something obstructing an axis during positioning. If your servo is faulting while cutting you can increase the FE fault parameter another 10%. If you are still having FE faults with the 20% setting your servo may be too small for the job.
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 12:59:16 AM »
Dear HillBilly
The board is look nice. But could you let me know detailed of connector( What's for Input and what's for Output). I gues that Output connected to Motor( i'snt it?) , but what's for Input? Maybe I nedd to put it in works and see what's happen with LED's.
Do you have some document( best in PDF format)?
Thanks.
Nam
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:02:43 AM by namnp2007 »
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 01:24:58 AM »
Oh, now I knew it, it's numbered as Mach3 Port And Pin named, but i'm not sure about Input.
Can you guide me, HillBilly?
Nam
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 01:28:48 AM by namnp2007 »
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2009, 07:53:22 AM »
Nam,

Your are correct in the pin numbering. Check out the Dacheng3.jpg drawing in my reply number 10 above. I am glad to hear you recieved the board. For anyone wondering it took over a Month to get there USPS.

Darek
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2009, 09:03:20 AM »
Hi Darek
Now I need once more your BOB. My frien( Cham Tu) will contact you to make sure of payment. Pls. sent it to me ASAP. Thanks a lot.
P/S: Could you sent us some Jumper for your BOB incl. your BOB?
Nam