Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:29:03 PM

Author Topic: Pocketing not working  (Read 25159 times)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: Pocketing not working
« Reply #60 on: December 15, 2008, 04:25:17 PM »
sage

when i did your drawing ,it was not scaled up or down. the corner on the right hand side of the drawing looked better than the one on the left,but it gave more trouble with the pocket. i cured it by doing a
outside offset, delete the original,then do a new inside offset. then pocket that offset. your cad puts something in those chains that lcam has trouble with. but when you do a offset you create a lcam chain that it can work with.
delete the old and replace with the new. the chain that gave you trouble is now gone.

bill

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 15, 2008, 07:36:56 PM »
SAGE,
Still being curious i put  the first three figures on a different level, turned them off, and re dxf'd the file out
as a V12. I couldn't find anything wrong with the fourth figure in CAD. Like you guys I couldn't get a pocket until
i got to the .187" dia cutter. I then oops'ed back and started to just play with the lead-in's and start point and things started
to work fine. It just didn't like the upper corner for some reason. Here is a screen shot of one that worked. Didn't do a hundred of them as i figured you would prefer to have fun. I keep this up and just may start using it! :)
RICH

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2008, 08:16:25 AM »
RICH:
I guess we have another set of variables now. I notice you have switched to zig-zag pocket fill. How does your process react to the original circular fill?
Also, there is little point in having a lead-in on an inside pocket (IMHO). I'm not sure how you started on that.
Although it is nice to figure out what works at all, it would be good to stick to a set of standard tests. We started with a circular pocket with no lead-in. How can we get that to work? Please test that scenerio with your process. Does changing the cutter still have the same effect? I'm getting a bit lost when the whole ballgame is changing.
 Trying everything has some merit in that you might find something that always works but the investigation process doen't seem to scientific so far.

To bad the programmer who created this monster can't chime in here. Some insight from the prorammer would go a long way.
 Anyone know how to contact that person??

Sage
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 08:26:53 AM by Sage »

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2008, 11:39:54 AM »
sage

here is another lcam drawing of your dxf.it has not been scaled.you can pocket it anyway you wan't zig zag or spiral.was tested with tools from .015 to rad max.
 the cleaning and redoing of the chains, was explained in the earlier post. you are having trouble with the process now,but it is not really that bad.

bill

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2008, 01:57:48 PM »
Sage,
 Your mission, should you accept it, will be to bring the fourth profile into the custody of user input using available provided
tools.The fourth profile has been recognized as exhibiting elusive LazyCam behavior.This behavior must stop to benifit those of us who know not what to do. Recent surveilance has shown the cuplrit to be in the upper fourth quadrant  associating  with pulldown menus of questionable functioning. As always, should you get caught in your LazyCam endeavors, this Moderator will disclaim any knowledge of your LazyCam investigative activities. Good luck Sage on your mission. This post will come to an end with clicking of the post button. ;D
RICH   

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2008, 02:56:43 PM »
OK. I guess I got everyone  annoyed now. Sorry.   :(
Thanks for your help  :-*
I guess I was happy a few posts back when I chose a 3/16" cutter and ALL of the profiles pocketed without issue.
I think we are all getting frustrated with something we have no power to fix.
The problem and symptoms are documented well enough here (the real purpose of startng this thread) so that the programmer can figure it out. Assuming there is some mechanism to advise him of that.

Thanks Again

Sage
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2008, 03:19:05 PM »
Hi Sage,
Check out Reply#5 of this topic:     http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,8479.0.html
Might shed a little light on the subject...if you haven't seen it.
Cheers,
RC
« Reply #67 on: December 16, 2008, 03:24:38 PM »
Also,
Replys #20, 25 and 30 of this one:   http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,8291.0.html

Regards,
RC

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 16, 2008, 05:40:28 PM »
SAGE,
I don't get annoyed. All of this is a fun hobby for me and enjoy it all and even have fun with
Mission Impossible statements ( remember that show?). The posts RC listed give you good insight on the program.
You can spend hours fooling with something. Sometimes it's the thing to do if your in the mood. Let not your heart be troubled by some quirk in a program. It's when you pay big bucks for something and you get poop,now that's annoying. Every program out there has some poop, you just have to go for a long enough walk along the trail to step in it. The more walks on different trails you take lets you find out which trail may be worth walking along. Sometimes you just have to hop the fence to continue taking the walk, who knows why someone put it there and when if ever it will be taken down.
I'm still walking around, but on a different trail, just give a yell when you step in deep poop and we'll
sniff around and find ya.
RICH

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2008, 07:48:43 PM »
Rich, I will say this, if there is poop to be found in VCarve pro, I have yet to find it. The only thing I have found is true happiness and a pure and stable environment.

I'm sure someone could find something to rip apart about it as you can with anything if you look deep enough but chances are, I'm not that sharp enough to find it. I have had no issues at all with this program, not one, and it is everything and more than what people are saying about it. I get work done so much faster and it allows me to have more time with the family since creating jobs has never been easier-  ;)

Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)