Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:01:07 PM

Author Topic: Motor problem  (Read 6524 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Motor problem
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2008, 07:43:24 PM »
OK the likely problem is you have a load of OutPuts enabled and they are using the same pins as the Motors, disable them on the outputs page unless you need them and if you do then you will need to asign them to different output pins from the motors.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2008, 08:21:42 PM »
You were spot on Hood, I had a friend "helping" me a few days ago, and he fiddled with a lot of the settings trying to get the motors to work. He knows less than I do about MACH 3, and I know precious little. I told him I didn't think what he was doing would make any difference. I thought I had reversed all that he had done, but obviously missed his fiddling on the outputs page. The motors were still not working when I fixed the outputs page, so I tried checking the active lows in the DIR and STEP boxes, and when I set the STEP to low active they functioned correctly. It certainly is a steep learning curve when you start in CNC, but thanks to you I'm continuing my slow crawl up the slope.
Many, many thanks, Denis.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 01:58:11 AM »
Denis, we have all been there and to be honest we are all still learning. Mach is so versatile that you discover new things every day. Great you have it working now and any more problems just shout and I am sure if I cant help there will be many here who can.
Hood
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2008, 07:38:23 AM »
Use the motor tuning to turn down the velocity of the motors. May be trying to force them too fast. Turn down to 50 then try. If it works gradually increase.
I had the same prob. Some instructions on the net say start highest but then you exceed the motors max speed. Start low and slow.

Julian
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2008, 08:03:03 AM »
Thanks Julian. Now that I have the motors going I will be doing a lot of experimenting to find the best speed etc.

Denis.
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2008, 12:31:58 PM »
acceleration values matter too, if the motor can't spool up quick enough it may trip over itself. the motor tuning dialog is useful for determining what's what.