Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 11:45:09 PM

Author Topic: Circular pocket - milling direction descriptions  (Read 7185 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Circular pocket - milling direction descriptions
« on: December 02, 2008, 10:58:08 AM »
I believe in the NFS wizards circular pocket routine on the screen to select the milling direction, the descriptions of the milling directions is incorrect. Since you are always inside of the pocket the milling direction CCW should be listed as climb milling not conventional milling.

Also the code produced is incorrect. If you select CCW the code produced moves the cutter clockwise.

Pocket Wizard V2.79

Sage
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 11:08:58 AM by Sage »
Re: Circular pocket - milling direction descriptions
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 10:20:08 AM »
Yep, you are right. I have fixed it in V2.81 See new topic for it.

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Re: Circular pocket - milling direction descriptions
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 02:57:08 PM »
In V2.79 the circle wizard also has the same problem as the pocket (mentioned above). I just noticed that.

Also

I deleted the code where I discovered this one so I can't prove it wasn't my fault but:
I tried using the circular pocket wizard to counterbore a 1/2" hole to 0.58" x .035 deep using a 1/4" cutter. I believe the lead-in line created by the wizard crashes the cutter into the side of the hole. It looked suspicious in the tool path display so I converted the code back to dxf and I'm pretty sure when I overlay a 1/4" circle on the lead-in line tool path it overlapped the hole diameter by more than the finished .058 diameter. I may have been mis-led but maybe you could check that out.

Thanks

Sage