Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:47:32 PM

Author Topic: plasma on off  (Read 12950 times)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: plasma on off
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 09:46:23 AM »
Delay should be possible to set up for the mist coolant (M7)  and Flood (M8) you will find it from Config menu, Ports and Pins, Spindle Setup.
Hood
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 08:54:04 PM »
I used pin 5 and 6 for M7 and M8 now the voltage at these terminals stay at 5 volts.
 but I do have the delay working
one thing worked.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 09:12:23 PM »
M8 will not turn it off, unless you alter the program.

M9 is the turn off for M7 and M8
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2008, 09:31:50 PM »
thank
but it is on all the time I have 5 volt out put when the program is loaded and not running
I assume the driver board is good beacuse terminal 4&5 to drive a motor but moved the wire to different terminals
so I could use 5&6 for onoff
am I missing a setting some where else?
I check to make sure these pin are not used anywhere else

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2008, 09:59:26 PM »
To see if you have the thing configured correctly, turn your computer off and then run it back up. Check the voltage on the two pins. This is the signal at rest. Now switch the signal using the MDI line - just a single command M7.

Your M7 pin should alter status - if it was 0v it should be 5v - if it was 5v it should be 0v. If it has not moved, then your configuration is wrong.

Allocate M7 to an Output say #3, (Ports and Pins/Spindle setup) then allocate the output to a pin.(Ports and Pins/Output signals)
Do the same with M8 using #4

M7 should turn one on, M8 should turn the other on and M9 should turn both off.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2008, 04:00:09 PM »
thanks jimpinder
I have go it working if I enter M9 to turn it off.
But the cam program does not have M9
what is a reasonable cad\cam  or just cam program that I can use so I  can uses the Mach3 to control torch auto and  manual torch on off and not have to edit g code everytime I want to do something? 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2008, 04:38:07 PM »
You could probably use M8 to shut things off by writing a macro. Have a look in your macro folder (for the profile you use) and see if there is a M7 and  M8 macro there, if not then tell me  what pins you want to use for M7 and M8 and I will write a couple of macros that should work for you.
Hood
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2008, 07:22:17 PM »
Thanks everyone for all the help !!
I learned allot

i found a different cam program that is more user friendly and have no problems right now.
will be installing a thc soon and see what kind of trouble I will get into then.

Thanks again!
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 08:38:28 AM »
Hello guys,

Is it possible to add a feedrate on a custom M Command?

I have a stepper motor connected to an Output Pin.
I want to make it turn on (Constantly Rotating) with M122 Command and turn off (Stop Rotating) with M123 Command.
But I also need to add a Feedrate (F Command) that changes the Feedrate only on this Motor to control its rotating speed.

Thank you
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 02:37:39 PM »
Hi,
I would guess that it could be done, in Mach4 it would be called an Out-of-Band axis (OB). An OB can be jogged,
including velocity jogged, independently of all other axes.

The F word sets the feedrate for ALL coordinated axes. You cant have one F word for one axis and another F word
for another. As I say I'm sure Mach3 could have the equivalent of an OB axis but using the F word to control its
speed is not an option.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'