Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 10:22:46 AM

Author Topic: plasma on off  (Read 13055 times)

Re: plasma on off
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2019, 03:10:08 AM »
Thank you very much!! Your information are really helpful.
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2019, 04:08:13 AM »
If a Stepper Motor is connected on the Output ports of a Controller Board (not an Out-of-band Axis) and we change the Feedrate, then the speed of this Stepper Motor will change too?
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2019, 04:58:28 AM »
Hi,
Mach has up to six coordinated axes. If you call a move like:

G1 X10 Y15 Z-5 A270 B90 C60 F100

Then all six axes would move together, the X,Y and Z move linearly but A,B and C rotate and their destination is
A=270 degrees, B=90 degrees and C=60 degrees. All the axes will move at a rate so that they all arrive at their respective
destinations at the same time. Thus some will move fast and some will move more slowly to stay in synchronization.
None of the axes will move faster than 100 units per minute, as per the F word in the command. The axis which has the longest
number of units to travel will travel at 100 units/minute whereas the other axes will move somewhat slower.

If you called two moves:

G1 X 20 Y-10 Z5 F50
G1 A360 F1000

Then the machine would move first with the X,Y,Z axes coordinated at 50 inch/min. When they get there THEN the A axis
will rotate 360 degrees at 1000 degrees/min. Thus you have two different moves being concluded at different
feedrates but you cant have both moves happen simultaneously without defining a feedrate that covers ALL moving axes.

Craig
'I enjoy sex at 73.....I live at 71 so its not too far to walk.'
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2019, 05:33:43 AM »
Your answers are real lessons. Thank you very much.

What if the Stepper Motor is not connected as an Axis, but it is connected on the Outputs pins of the Controller Board (as a relay to turn the motor on or off).
Will the Feedrate on the G-Code change also the speed of this Stepper Motor?

« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2019, 06:24:55 AM »
Hi,
in order for a stepper to run it needs a stream of step pulses. If you could pulse an output pin of your controller
fast enough you could make the stepper move, faster the pulse rate the faster the stepper. You will not be able to
pulse an output pin anything like fast enough to make it useful using ordinary means.

If however you connected the step and direction pins (two outputs) of the A axis say, without coupling it to an axis
then the stepper would accelerate, run and stop on command and at commanded speed. If you wanted to run it
simultaneously with the X,Y Z axes then the feedrate  limitation I mentioned comes into play, namely that the feedrate
will be determined by ALL the axes not just your free spinning stepper.

If you want a free spinning stepper that can run at a commanded speed that is set independently from the feedrate
that governs the coordinated motion axes then you need an out of band motor.

I'm not sure whether Mach3 has that functionality but Mach4 does, in fact you can have up to six out of band axes, one
is considered the spindle, so five independent step/direction controlled axes.

Mach3 development stopped six years ago, its so damned buggy, VB is so clunky and slow, the Modbus plugin is a nightmare....
get into Mach4.

Craig

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2019, 06:39:09 AM »
Mach3 development stopped six years ago, its so damned buggy, VB is so clunky and slow, the Modbus plugin is a nightmare....
get into Mach4.

Obviously Craig is perfectly entitled to express his own opinion on this forum but with the exception of 'development stopped six years ago' there are many of us using Mach3 who would disagree with all the other comments.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2019, 07:27:45 AM »
Hi,
whether my opinions are justified or not is probably less important than the question....

Does Mach3 have out-of-band axis/axes?

Craig
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2019, 06:11:11 AM »
Hello again,

Is it possible to pulse an Output pin (not an Axis pin)?
I mean to make the Current transferred like Pulses (like an Axis Step pin)?

I want to transfer the Current over the Output pin like Pulses, but I don't want to make it like Pulses from my G-Code.
I need the current to be transferred like Pulses automatically.
I use Mach3 (for the time being).

Thank you

Offline TPS

•  2,505 2,505
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2019, 01:07:56 PM »
IMHO the only Chance you have (without using a Motion Controller witch supports analog outouts), is to use a PWM Signal,
and use M3 Ssomething (use the spindle Speed) for manipulating the PWM Signal.
anything is possible, just try to do it.
if you find some mistakes, in my bad bavarian english,they are yours.
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2019, 02:50:32 PM »
Hi TPS,
does Mach3 have an out-of-band axis/axes?

The problem with PWM is there is only one channel.

If not then maybe a Modbus connected PLC would work, or use Mach4 out-of-band axes.

Craig
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 03:00:52 PM by joeaverage »