Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:56:05 AM

Author Topic: mach runs away  (Read 5896 times)

mach runs away
« on: November 29, 2008, 04:01:35 PM »
mach runs by a g54 go x1.5512  AND GOES UNTIL IT SLAMS INTO A LIMIT SWITCH. Ive checked the steps per a dozen times and used a dial indicator right what it should be and will do so in a mdi command but with a gcode runs off .Anyone have any ideas whats going on i am running xp on a desktop did driver test says it is excellent i am also experiencing the shuttle pro problems of the rapids stick on buttons wont select properly .Heck on a g53 z.o ti went the wrong direction instead of going up it tried to go down there's a fricken gremlin in this thing somewhere!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:D

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: mach runs away
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2008, 04:18:49 PM »
Please attach your xml and I will see if I can repeat.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2008, 07:20:51 PM »
Here it is hope you can find something/ thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2008, 07:56:53 PM »
I have tried it here and it seems fine but I dont have your tables and code so if you could zip and attach your profiles macro folder and the code  I will test again.
Hood
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2008, 05:05:40 PM »
i think the problem is that mach is homing in the wrong direction i think i dont know if you have a mill or not .But Should not the mill table home towards you and to your left would this not be the negative direction am i correct in this or am i wrong? thanks again
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2008, 05:12:38 PM »
i think the problem is that mach is homing in the wrong direction i think i dont know if you have a mill or not .But Should not the mill table home towards you and to your left would this not be the negative direction am i correct in this or am i wrong? thanks again

Your commenta suggests you may be confused about how axis directions are defined.  Axis directions are always defined by the direction of movement of the tool relative to the work, *not* by the direction of movement of the table.  So, an X move in the minus direction will move the tool to the left, or the table to the right.  A Y move in the minus direction will move the tool towards the front of the machine, or the table towards the rear of the machine.  A Z move in the minus direction will move the tool down, or the table up.

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2008, 05:21:18 PM »
Also to add to Rays words, it does not matter where your home switches are positioned and in which direction you travel to do your homing. If you home so that the tool is other than fully up in Z , fully left in X and fully towards you in Y then you need to set a Home Off distance for that axis so that Mach knows where the true machine coords zero is.
Hood
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2008, 05:23:56 PM »
Your right i am confused i am trying to figure out the way to home this thing .Is it front to left or back to right?
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2008, 05:32:54 PM »
I see what your saying' the problem i was having was that when the machined homed it would not auto zero the dros even though they were set to do so and i would reset by hand and when running a g code it would ignore the g54offset and go by it to the home switch even thought the machine homed and hit the switches and in machine corridnates it said zero in all axis it would when you dropped down to part zero and rezeroed dros and set offset hieght and it did a g54 go x1.5 it would go past that point and keep on going till it hit a limit switch.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2008, 05:46:11 PM »
You are again getting confused, the Auto Zero wil zero the Machine Coords but not the G54, G55 etc. When you home if you press the Machine Coords button your DROs should show all zeros, if they dont that means you have a Home Off distance set. Whether the Home Off distance should be set depends on the position of your Home switches in relation to machine zero.
 If you can tell us what kind of machine (Mill, Router etc) and which way the axis moves then we can guide you better.
Hood