Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 02:35:17 AM

Author Topic: Idea for Mach3/4 Jog screen  (Read 27197 times)

Idea for Mach3/4 Jog screen
« on: July 08, 2006, 04:22:48 PM »
Hi, I've had an idea for the guys who create Mach software, I don't know if this is the right place for this topic but here goes.

Ive noticed that the jog screen can only be accessed by pressing the tab button on the keyboard.
When working on my lathe I find it a bit of a problem and it would be much easier if by using the mouse I could move the cursor to the right side of the screen and the jog panel would move in from the right or pop up.

For all those who use the mouse/trackball more than the keyboard this would be ideal.

Kind Regards  ;D
CJ

Hood

Re: Idea for Mach3/4 Jog screen
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2006, 06:33:30 PM »
You could easily do this in screen designer by adding a button and setting the hotkey for that button to  tab key. Then when you click on that button with your mouse the screen will pop out.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 06:37:13 PM »
OOPS maybe you cant, I have just thought about it and it might not work that way. Will go try and see if I can get it to work.
Hood

Hood

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 06:52:02 PM »
No cant get it to work, thought all I would have to do is make a button with OEM code 50, which should be the Jog Screen. It works OK in screen4 but when I try in Mach it just opens a blank screen. Sorry :(

Hood
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 11:36:44 AM »
HI, Thanks for trying, I think this ones down to the main software guy's.

If anyone else thinks it would be a good addition to future updates of Mach3/4 then keep this post going with your comments.

Thanks.
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »
if you put this VB code in a button it will open the jog settings  doOembutton(323)

Thanks
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com

Hood

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2006, 01:27:07 PM »
ha ha, I searched for an OEM and just couldnt see it, maybe I need a visit to the opticians
Hood
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2006, 03:55:49 PM »
Hi, Nice one guys, That will make life alot easier.  ;D

Many thanks.

Offline DonH

•  19 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2011, 09:04:06 AM »

" if you put this VB code in a button it will open the jog settings  doOembutton(323)"

How do you do this in Screen4?  I manged it once, but went back to SCR4 & cannot see how I did it.

Thanks,    Don

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2011, 12:42:45 PM »

" if you put this VB code in a button it will open the jog settings  doOembutton(323)"

How do you do this in Screen4?  I manged it once, but went back to SCR4 & cannot see how I did it.

Thanks,    Don

Hi Don,

Make a button and set it up as a VB script (screenshot below). Then save the screen set and then start Mach 3. Go to "operator", then "edit button script" and then click the button you saved as a VB script button and enter the code you wanted to, then save.

It should work as you wanted it to.  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)