Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:50:04 PM

Author Topic: Shuttle pro and on screen MPG  (Read 4348 times)

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Shuttle pro and on screen MPG
« on: November 20, 2008, 10:03:15 PM »
I recently installed a shuttle Pro. It's fantastic but there's a couple of things I need to clarify.

Since I installed the shuttle pro the onscreen MPG (tab key) seems to be stuck in step mode. The XYZ arrows will only step and the mode button does not toggle between step and  fast motion modes. The step increment is also fixed at .001.
Is this normal? Even if I disconnect the shuttle the MPG does not return to normal.

This isn't a big deal since the shuttle pro does all this stuff now EXCEPT I can't figure out what option to attach to a button to change the step increment. The center wheel only steps at .001. I'd like to be able to toggle it through .001 / .010 / .1 like the on screen version does.
 I found the jog ++ and jog -- options but I didn't really want to use up two buttons. (plus how do I tell what the current increment is?

Anybody know what's normal or how to program the shuttle like the on-screen MPG.

Sage
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:49:37 AM by Sage »

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle pro ad on screen MPG
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 02:31:19 PM »
Sorry, Sage, can't help you here but I'll be eagerly watching for the answers  -  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2008, 03:53:04 PM »
Sage

When Art first wrote the plugin for the shuttle he had the centre wheel default to continuous mode.

Users (myself included) asked that it default to incremental, which is how most users would want the centre wheel to be. 

As it was you needed to devote a button to switch to incremental and remember to do so every time the software started.

The outer wheel already does continuous why would you want the centre wheel to do so as well?

As to why the MPG screen is stuck on step mode and the step is stuck on 0.001,  I have no idea.  That is not normal and not how mine works.

You did not by any chance install the software that came with the Shuttle did you?  If so uninstall it.

To know what the step increment is, best to place the step DRO on the run screen.  Never understood why it should be hidden on a flyout screen.  (which I never use  :)  )

Greg

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 12:46:44 PM »
No, I didn't install the software that came with the shuttle pro.
SO your saying the flyout MPG still works for you.
I have no idea what happened then. I'll check it again today maybe a reboot will clear somethig.
If not, I'm going to need more advise.
I have *********.020 lockdown loaded. I wonder if that did it?

What version are you running?

Also what screen set are you running? I'd like to have the step size displayed on the main screen. Not sure where it can go though, I have the tool setter on the screen. It has some no-so-useful info taking up space.

Sage
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 12:49:23 PM by Sage »

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle pro and on screen MPG
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 08:03:14 AM »
Can someone check the latest lockdown V*********.020 with a shuttlePro. The MPG flyout (TAB key) doesn't work properly with my shuttle pro installed.
Arrows only step and can't change the jog mode or step resolution. It worked for my older version. Shuttle works fine. (I did not install the shuttle pro software - as specified).

If I can confirm .020 works for somrone then I guess I'll have to re-install everything unless someone has another suggestion.

(I thought the shuttle install went too smooth to be true)  :(

Sage

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
Re: Shuttle pro and on screen MPG
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2008, 05:20:12 PM »
Sorry my mistake - partly.
I didn't notice the Jog on/off button right there in the middle of the Mach screen. I toggled it and away she went. BUT

Having said that, the button seems a bit confused. If you press it and it is lit the MPG flyout jog mode and increment yellow lights come on and the jogging works. If you toggle the button off the yellow lights on the MPG go out and strangley, the jogging still works but you can't change any of the settings.

So the question remains - how did it get turned off for me if I can't turn it off now.  :confused:

Sage
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 05:22:32 PM by Sage »