Hello Guest it is April 25, 2024, 12:06:58 AM

Author Topic: VOLUNTEERS WANTED!!! for Plugin documentation, PLEASE Help!!!  (Read 3242 times)

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
VOLUNTEERS WANTED!!! for Plugin documentation, PLEASE Help!!!
« on: November 18, 2008, 10:31:00 AM »
Greetings,

I would like to know if any of you Plug in writers would be willing to help. As we all know the Headers "Engine.h, MainPlanner.h, MachView.h are poorly documented. I know I struggle with this, many variables are close in name, and it is really hard to tell what they go to, and often what they do, or how to use them. The " _setup (rs274ngc.h)" is not bad but there are some unclear things there as well.

I would like to post up the above documents on the Wiki, and have my self, and others who have identified what this or that variable or function does, (perhaps if your feeling generous put an example line of code for how it is used), in the Wiki as well.

I have spoken with Art about getting some documentation, and both he and Brian are to buizzy with Mach or other projects to tackle something of this magnitude of time consumption.

My hope would be that, different authors of plug-in do different things, and perhaps can fill in the blanks on the parts they are aware of. That way, all of us can benefit from the community as a whole. It is a major PIA digging around trying to find a variable that your hoping it does what you think it does.........

So, If any of you would be willing, Please, Please step up!!!  Art, has also said, that sometimes the Vars may change, as things in Mach Progress, so when that happens and "Older" plug-in break, we would also have to update the Wiki to the new Change in Var or Function in the Wiki.

Thanks in Advance,

Scott
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 10:32:59 AM by poppabear »
fun times

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
Re: VOLUNTEERS WANTED!!! for Plugin documentation, PLEASE Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2008, 11:37:47 AM »
Ok, the base 4 file headers are up, Can someone who knows what they are doing on Wiki Editing, fix it?
I did what I could, but I am an amature Wiki Editing guy......

so, any volunteers to straighten it out to look right??

scott
fun times
Re: VOLUNTEERS WANTED!!! for Plugin documentation, PLEASE Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2008, 02:57:29 PM »
Hi,

I believe, that's a nice idea, but what about reality of our comments?

If I'd comment some variables with the content of "I think I understood the function of this variable" it mustn't be right at all.
Especially the risks of cross-effects are at least dangerous.
I love the Plugins I've build until now, but all the time I've got a strange feeling of the problems that may arise, when using that straight forward solutions I've made.

I'd take part in the project of commenting the variables, but there should be Art and Brian to check for everything that

Would they?

Bye, Steffen