Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:41:46 AM

Author Topic: random e stop error  (Read 7527 times)

random e stop error
« on: November 13, 2008, 10:12:15 AM »
Hello everyone!

Greetings from Greece.

I have been a new Syil X4 plus mill and I control it with mach3

I have  a little problem.
Randomly when I press to cycle start button it will generate a e-stop requested error.

90% percent of the times I press cycle start it will work and start the operation . But every now and then it will generate the e-stop.

Any ideas on what to look for??

Thank you.

Lefteris

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: random e stop error
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 11:12:42 AM »
Is it an external start button? Is there a message in the ticker box at the bottom of the Mach screen? Could be noise getting picked up with the spindle starting, to test this out go to config menu then general config and set the debounce to 2000. If that cures it then keep lowering the debounce until you get the problem again and then step up a notch.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 04:44:59 AM »
Hood, thank you for your reply.

No I use the cycle start button,

There is a message it says external e -stop requested.

Should I still l try the debounce setting then?

Lefteris

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 04:49:57 AM »
Yes still try the debounce as it could be noise getting into your limits. If debounce works then it might be best to sort out the problem rather than to use the debounce as a fix. Not sure how your limits are connected but you should be using shielded cable for them and only have the shielding connected at the control cabinet end and all shielding should be grounded at one point only.
 Hood

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 07:12:53 AM »
FWIW, setting the debounce up makes my RPM reading completely inaccurate. I suppose the index signal has a problem with debounce.

I was getting random e-stops also and it drove me crazy for a while. It was metal chips getting on the exposed limit switch terminals. Covered them with heat shrink . . end of problem.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2008, 07:17:04 AM »
Simpson
 that is because you increased the Index debounce ;)

Hood

Offline simpson36

•  1,369 1,369
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2008, 07:45:41 AM »

Hood,

You didn't make that distinction in your post.

However, I mis-spoke. I didn't actually set the debouce up, I ran into the problem when I was playing around with MachTurn. The debounce was set to whatever the default is, I suppose, because I had never messed withit in MILL or in TURN.

I just noticed that the RPM would read to 350 and go no higher in TURN, yet it looked accurate in MILL, so I started comparing and experimenting. I just set both boxes to zero in TURN, and the RPM DRO started working right.

Thanks for the heads up, though. I'll see what I can find in the docs about the different debounce settings.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2008, 08:14:58 AM »

Hood,

You didn't make that distinction in your post.

I did, well  sort of ;D One is called Debounce Interval , the other is called Index debounce. The Debounce  Interval is for limit switches and general inputs where the Index Debounce is specifically for the Index pulse. Index Debounce should be kept as low as possible and I think much over 10 means you have serious issues anyway.

Hood
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 04:35:43 AM »
Ok a new clue in the process.

The same thing happens when I manually start the spindle from the button on the actual machine.

So I guess it has to do with the mill.

I want to see if same thing happens if I start with lower RPM and then speed up to the desired RPM.
Or if  need a ac voltage stabilizer. Because I think it drops the current instantly and then e-stops.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 04:51:52 AM »
Have you tried increasing the debounce  interval?

Hood