Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:31:24 AM

Author Topic: Interfacing a Plasma THC into MACH3 \ Ok To Move  (Read 6721 times)

Interfacing a Plasma THC into MACH3 \ Ok To Move
« on: July 07, 2006, 11:57:42 AM »

Hi All ,i am trying to help another customer switch over to mach3 from another software ;D

Here are the problems we are having :(

1) I need Mach3 to halt the movement when starting a arc on the plasma cutter when a set pin goes(Low) and resume when the pin goes (HI) ??? I know Mach3 is able to do it but don't know how!

2)How and Where  to Set the input DeBounce ?

Thanks in advance for the help guy's

Erik
CNCINMOTION .COM
Re: Interfacing a Plasma THC into MACH3 \ Ok To Move
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2006, 08:46:37 PM »
To get it to stop with the state of a pin can be done by doing the following:
Under Config/Logic check the "Program Safety Lockout" and set the pin that you would like to start and stop the motion as the external activation #1

The Debounce is set under Config/State :)

Hope that helps
Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2006, 01:02:40 PM »
1)  I set the proper port , pin & typed in a emulated keyboard key so i could test the feature,it does work but there is a serious problem with this feature or i did something wrong,When key is pressed it stops the motion instantly with no ramping to a stop and when the key is released it starts instantly again with no ramping ,losing step during the keyboard presses,I'm almost sure there is something wrong with something i did or the XML file.

2)  There is no Debounce under config\state,but there is a Shuttle feature what does this do ???
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2006, 01:31:08 PM »
The debounce is under config logic.. sorry about that

If you put the controle in THC mode Input one is the good arc signal :) This I think will do better then the safety lock out.
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com