Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:45:46 AM

Author Topic: setting up mach3 and hobbycnc switches ,limits etc.  (Read 2706 times)

setting up mach3 and hobbycnc switches ,limits etc.
« on: November 11, 2008, 01:53:05 PM »
I have been trying to set up my switches . I am new to cnc and built the "joe's 2006 machine last winter together with thehobbycnc 4 axis controler. the machine uses mach3 and sheetcam. The machine is operational .

I am trying to set up my switches with very little success. I have followed to a tee the PDF tutorial and ended up with problems .So then I tried the video tutorial at the mach3 site and copied the various sheets and instructions , problem as I see it is the tutorial sheets do not agree with the sheets seen in the video .Neither seem to work for me , I get "request for external E stop" or "software limit" and others e stop signals which do not seem to be alluded to anywhere so the couses cannot be diagnosed .any help appreciated....mjh  

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: setting up mach3 and hobbycnc switches ,limits etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2008, 01:59:52 PM »
please attach your xml, you will need to copy it to your desktop and then rename before the forum will accept it, I suggest you call it mikehide.xml

Also please describe what type of switches you have, how you have them connected and at what position they are on your machine.
Hood