Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:54:57 PM

Author Topic: how to create own treatment for mach unknown code f.ex. G27, G25?  (Read 3746 times)

Offline Inna

•  22 22
    • View Profile
Hi guys!
I have, (for plasmacut) for generating G-code some program "Techtran"! This program can make G-code for many NC, but not for Mach!
For example:
G25 - turn off torch
G27 - examination THC and turn on the torch.
For Mach3 its Unknown G-codes.

I know how to modify treatment of M3 or M5. But I dont know how to create own treatment of G-code and the more so to create treatment of new G-code.
Explain please if anybody know!
Thanks!
Re: how to create own treatment for mach unknown code f.ex. G27, G25?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 03:57:22 PM »
Seems to me you could have the postprocessor create the code then use a text editor like notepad to find/replace m3 with g27 (or whatever you need to substitute).
Joe

Offline Inna

•  22 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 10:54:29 AM »
Thank you Joe!
Its too simple or difficult way. I think will good if Mach designers insert this possibility (I mean redefinitions of G-code) to Mach4 or 5 etc.
As solution, I think maybe add to the button "load Gcode" VB script, for to find g27, and change it to M3 code.   

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 11:40:54 AM »
That is why you have post processors in CAM packages, it is the job of the CAM to write code which is suitable for the control to use, wonder what Fanuc would say if you asked them to alter their control to suit your CAM package ;)
If you have a look you may find that there is a post processor editor in your CAM package so that you can make up a custom one to suit yourself, if there is not it is unusual but even still the CAM software writers should be able to write a postprocessor for you, whether they will charge or not I dont know.

Hood