Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 09:00:45 AM

Author Topic: File selection dialog  (Read 4843 times)

File selection dialog
« on: July 05, 2006, 11:50:57 AM »
In writing my wizard I need to be able to select a file for processing. I could make the user fill in a textbox but then with a textbox spelling counts and if they are like me  that is problametic (see what I mean).

Does anyone have a VB script to select a file ? Kind of like the one that appears when you load a G-Code file ?
I read the Enable documentation and being rusty to say the least at VB, I would sure appreciate any and all help.

Second Question:  - Is there a way to extract the text associated with a UserLabelXX ?

Thanks in advance.
Re: File selection dialog
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2006, 09:10:53 PM »
There is no way to get the text form a label... :( and there is no way to browse for a file... I spent two nights trying to get that to work about a year ago :)

Sorry Brian
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 01:18:23 PM »
I guess you should not tell on old hacker (in the better sense of the term) that something can not be done  ;)

I have uploaded a file selection script for you to check out. It is not as nice as the one that Mach3 uses to select a g-code file but it works.

It saves the filename in the user variable area (I included the subroutine I use to get it back as well) so other routines can get to it.

The user variable area is GREAT.

Anyway - check it out and have fun  :)

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 02:37:47 PM »
Good job!
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com