Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 11:47:39 AM

Author Topic: I and Js Zero Radius Arc Error.  (Read 4235 times)

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
I and Js Zero Radius Arc Error.
« on: November 03, 2008, 04:11:18 PM »
Hi, I have a small engraving project that I'm doing and I'm pocketing "Arial font Italic" which are about an 1/8 th in height. I'm using Lcam to generate the G-Code but when it goes into Mach, I get the Error "Zero Radius Arc" and then it shows the block that the error is in. Unfortunately there's a LOT of them but why exactly is this happening?

Normally I can get away with throwing a 1 at the end of the 4 place decimal point, but sometimes I get the dreaded cropcircles and I end up scrapping the job.

Should I not have my Post set up to put out 4 place decimals or is there another setting I can adjust to fix this? I never have these sorts of problems when doing larger items, it's just when I'm trying to engrave very small fonts.

I'm using a .010 dia.endmill and I'm uploading a sample of the code that shows just a small portion of all the I and J "zero's"

Just a note, I'm very much a noob when it comes to G-Code -  :P

Thanks,
Dave

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
Re: I and Js Zero Radius Arc Error.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 04:52:09 PM »
Dave
you are going to have this when you go small with lcam until they fix it. this is the way i would do this project with lcam. scale the drawing up in lcam 10 to 1 set your tool to .100 generate your code. set scale for mach X and Y axis from 1.000 to .100  put in your .010 cutter and let her rip.

bill

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 05:05:43 PM »
Hey, now, that's pretty slick, Bill, thank you for that. So this is one of those limitations of LCam and it's not anything I'm doing wrong?

Are you still using LCam, or are you using something else now? I tried Cut 2D from Vectric and I do like it but I just haven't kicked out the cash for it yet.

Thanks again, I'll give this a try that way-  :)

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline docltf

•  354 354
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 05:52:29 PM »
Dave

i use lcam a bunch for many differant project targets including my 4th axis. mach supplies you with scale and text editor tools. combine with this lcam and a couple of free cad programs,throw in a little longhand g-code with a little imagination.add a little understanding . all this makes a pretty powerfull toolkit.

bill

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:04:44 PM »
Test for Dave
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!