Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 08:59:17 AM

Author Topic: SAVING a video  (Read 8771 times)

SAVING a video
« on: November 02, 2008, 05:26:09 PM »
 :)
Some REALLY cool videos out there on YouTube.
I am stuck with a hideously slow dial-up and after downloading a video, which takes forever per minute, I don't see how to save them.
Is there a way ?
Thanks,
RC

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: SAVING a video
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2008, 05:47:53 PM »
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »
I feel your pain, RC. My only options are dial-up, or ISDN for more cost than a broadband connection. I have the ISDN.
There is a firefox extension that works VERY well. And its not just for youtube. It will download basically anything with media that you choose for it to download, and its conveniently located on your menu bar. http://www.downloadhelper.net/ The format converter part of it requires a bit more knowledge of formats and additional software, but if you do desire conversion of your videos, it is capable. For simplicity, just click "install the extension".
You will also need a .FLV player for youtube videos, if you don't convert them to another format. http://www.martijndevisser.com/blog/flv-player/ It's small in size (5MB), and its free. It does have a bug or two, like window resizing issues, but its FREE!
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 09:19:19 PM »
THANKS Guys,
I knew there had to be a way.....and I also knew this was the place to find out.
What a resource !
Thanks,
RC

Offline Pythagoras

•  93 93
  • a² + b² = c²
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2008, 06:23:54 AM »
Fire fox has loads of free plugins that enable youtube and other downoads.
The Pythagorean theorem: The sum of the areas of the two squares on the legs (a and b) equals the area of the square on the hypotenuse (c).     a² + b² = c².
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 03:59:39 PM »
Thank you responders for your resources