Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:41:06 AM

Author Topic: new spindle drive not working  (Read 3244 times)

new spindle drive not working
« on: October 30, 2008, 02:56:38 PM »
i installed a new analog spindle drive on my saw and it works but it wont let me vary my rpms.  any ideas?  if you need more info just tell me what and ill do what i can.

thanks....
dave

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: new spindle drive not working
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 03:53:28 PM »
Yes, more info. will be needed. How was it working before? How are you controlling the analog out to the VFD? What hardware do you have (break out board, VFD, Etc.)? Links to all manuals that apply would be good.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 04:06:07 PM »
i installed a new analog spindle drive on my saw and it works but it wont let me vary my rpms. any ideas? if you need more info just tell me what and ill do what i can.

thanks....
dave

Maybe I'm dense, but....  Isn't the whole point of a spindle drive to be able to vary RPMS under software control?  So what does it mean if it's "working", but it can't do that?  Sounds to me like it's not working?

We do need to know what drive you're using, what digital/analog converter, how it's configured, etc.  Ya gotta give us something to go on....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2008, 07:59:49 AM »
The drive will turn the motor on at one speed with a M03/M044 command and not accept or without an S command. In my case there was a minimum speed setting in the drive parameter. The drive see s M03 and turns on, then it reads the min value in its parameters and runs the motor at that speed, regardless if you issue an S command or not. Once I got the 0-10v analog working, the motor works normally. But it will still go to minimum speed with just an M03/M04 when you forget an S command.

Mike
We never have the time or money to do it right the first time, but we somehow manage to do it twice and then spend the money to get it right.