Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:27:12 AM

Author Topic: text and bezel problems  (Read 3350 times)

text and bezel problems
« on: July 03, 2006, 01:45:49 AM »
i feel like a dummy ,i attached two pictures of a ring the same one mirror straight out of artcam in mach3 and the other readable was reversed in mach3 ,why is the last one so screwy? bigger text and the rounds are oval?
I hope some one can help me
johan

a very new commer
Re: text and bezel problems
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 07:01:13 AM »
Hi,
no expert  here, but did one cut inside the line and the other the out??  also did the mout of the block ( wax i take it)  move with on the lower image?

Paul
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2006, 10:12:41 AM »
Hi Paul , Thank you for replying to my problem ,these two rings are the same toolpath .the differents is the one with the reverserd text is fine but soon as i reverse it in mach3 to beable to read it is goes all srewy the text and the circles ,i have here two rings ,one with a mirror text but milled very nice and the other reversed in mach 3 readeble but srewy ,the frustaration is getting the best of me.
Why should there be a differents?

I hope some one has a answer

Thank you guys for looking and let me know if anyone had the same problem as i do
johan
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 09:19:03 AM »
How are you reversing it in Mach3? if every thing you are doing is coming out revered in the A axis you need to change the direction of the axis... I need to know a bit more about your settings...
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com