Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 11:16:33 AM

Author Topic: Rapid move  (Read 3809 times)

Rapid move
« on: October 29, 2008, 09:50:53 AM »
I am finally into the screen design for my machine, and I understand the idea and the basics.  I am trying to make a button that will jog an axis.  I found the OEM 309, ect codes, but that just gives me an incremental jog depending on what was set earlier.  I am looking for something similar to the joystick in ScreenDesign 3, just one direction at a time.  Is there an easy way to do that, or do I need to write a VB script?

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Rapid move
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 10:33:20 AM »
That is the right OEM number for a jog button but for it to work right you have to assign it an OEM code in screen designer. It can't call the oem code in VB. Calling an oem jog code in VB will not stop on release of the button.  I think your problem is that you don't have your jog mode set to continious though. I have attached a pic. to help I hope.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
Re: Rapid move
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 10:46:56 AM »
Yeah, I have the button in screen designer, but the 309 OEM code seems tied to the pendant for the step count, velocity, and jog mode.  I can duplicate the buttons for those, but then I basically have a custom pendant which is ok, but I really would like the joystick control.  That one is nice in the fact that you can vary the velocity at the same time as calling for a move.

I searched for sliders, but those seem to be specific to DRO's, and just change the setting.  Any idea on a joystick?  I guess I could skin a 3 sided button over the top?