Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 02:19:18 PM

Author Topic: pokeys analog  (Read 15174 times)

pokeys analog
« on: October 20, 2008, 06:29:26 PM »
any one know how use analog inputs in mach3 for speed override, spindle override, ?
i tried use brain  it recognizes the analog input but i dont know how terminate the rug for implement the two overrides.

Josep.

Offline borisz

•  220 220
    • View Profile
    • www.poscope.com
Re: pokeys analog
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 01:21:19 AM »
It might not be THE information, but as I remember, Analog are not yet implemented yet in Mach plugin.
Art?

regards

Boris
www.poscope.com home of PoKeys USB HID, IO, USB, Ethernet controler and PoScope USB PC oscilloscope
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 06:58:04 AM »
Are there others ways to use a potentiometer to control the feed and RPM on Mach3.

I saw a video on you tube showing that.
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 07:08:41 AM »
can you explain a litle more??

josep
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:35:57 PM by gifre70 »

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:30:46 PM »
I have not tested it yet but Analogue Inputs via the Pokeys are in the latest plugin.
Hood
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 02:54:19 PM »
The analog inputs do work.  I was able to hook them up and get them working this morning.  However, I am experiencing a bit of a delay from the analog switches.  The pokeys software reacts almost instantly but mach seems to have about a 1 second delay pulling the information in.  I wrote a simple macropump to control the FRO and it does work.  It very well could be my inexperience with mach, but I am very pleased to see that it is working even if it does need some minor tweaking. 

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 03:18:43 PM »
I think there may be problems with the plugin as I have tried with a MPG hooked up and Mach has a big delay when winding the MPG. Art is in the UK at the moment so hopefully when he gets back he can have a look but certainly sounds like a similar issue that you are having with the analogue (analog for you USA guys ;)  )

Hood
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2008, 06:15:39 AM »
Hi All,

I've acquired a nice little Orac with a tool changer and are going to convert it to Mach 3.
I have already converted a Bridgeport to M3 but this is a basic system with just 1 standard breakout board+ shuttle.

Looking at the i/o extension options for Orac, the Pokeys looks great as I would like to :-

Operate the tool change (3 position sensor  i/p and 1 o/p to index).
Fit MPG handwheels to give "manual machining control"
Travel limits
Speed and spindle speed override pots.......so far so good I think 8)
Also, op a 0-10v analogue signal to a new VFD for spindle control, I'm not sure if Pokeys does this yet? I (think) I will need to somehow isolate the analogue from the VFD?

Any ideas or advice would be appreciated.
ATB
Derek.

You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 09:36:13 AM »
The Pokeys does the analogue in and the MPG at the moment but its not perfect and needs a bit of work. The MPG has a fair bit of delay from my testing and hopefully this will be made better, not sure if its a plugin issue or Pokeys.
 For spindle control  you want to look at the Digispeed from homanndesigns.com There are others that do similar.
Hood
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 01:22:52 PM »
Hi Hood,

I like the look of the Pokeys as it appears to be an "all in one" for just about all my add-on needs and was hoping that it would O/p to the VFD to make a realy neat installation.

If not, the Pokey is still looks good and I'll fit a digispeed / other for the spindle speed control.
I did make a PWM to volt converter for my BP driven by the op from the PMDX but it hunts a bit so I will change this at the same time as fitting to the Orac.

ATB
Derek
You can "chop it off" but can't "chop it on"