Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:10:45 PM

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 7950 times)

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
Re: Help Please
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 01:40:25 AM »
By the way.....that is a very nice looking shop there. Is it just for looks??? No sawdust, no metal chips, everything is white in color and shows no sign of dirt. Even the buffing wheels look new. The wall behind my buffer looks like a truck got stuck in a mud hole. Are these pictures from machinist heaven? For crying out loud, even the dustpan in the corner is clean!!! Honestly, I don't know if I would be completely overjoyed, or totally freaked out to work is such an environment.
This post should have a warning in the title... "Not Safe for Hood". If he sees that shop, it will most likely cause irreversible psychological damage.
I wish my shop looked 1/10th as good.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 06:41:55 AM »
Sam,
There are some companies that have very strict house keeping and safety rules. You only walk between the
yellow painted lines on the floor, a person actualy just cleans up the machinies the floor all day, violate the rules and you can get fired. When you walk in the shops you would think nothing is ever made there! There is a "zero" policy gole on
cuts or accidents.......on & on. You would be in culture shock to work there. Hats off to a nice clean, well dressed,
organized shop as shown in the pictures. And yes, your mandated / given a small time at the end of the day to leave things in order. You should see some of the third world country shops as you would never even enter into the place.
Chips and no shoes and no safety glasses!
From Safety RICH,
RICH

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 08:54:55 AM »
This post should have a warning in the title... "Not Safe for Hood". If he sees that shop, it will most likely cause irreversible psychological damage.

No chance of me getting psychological damage from seeing that as I know if I was there the shop would have some semblance of home within 2 mins ;D

Hood
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 09:25:00 AM »
I think I would feel more at home in Hood's shop. It more closely resembles mine. :)
The clean one looks more like a hospital room.......I HATE hospitals.
RC 8)

But then.....working in that environment, you would be more likely to NEED a hospital room. :D