Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:38:34 AM

Author Topic: Help Please  (Read 7948 times)

Help Please
« on: October 20, 2008, 01:52:29 PM »
I am using Corel X3, exporting as an .EPS, then using Cut 2D to generate G-Code out to Mach 3 running a Vortech router. in Corel, and Cut 2D, the files look clean, with minimal nodes.
However, when I run the machine, it cuts like crap, going around curves, (and sometimes straight lines), with a jerky motion, like it's starting and stopping hundreds of times. The number of lines in the G-Code is in the thousands for a relatively small part. I am sure that it is generating way too many lines. Does any body have an idea of how I can reduce the number of segments in the code to get a smooth cut? As soon as I can, I will post some pics and cut file for somebody to look at to hopefully help me from pulling anymore hair out(Tribal is not helping much) Any thing else I need to add, please let me know.  Thanks, Jon from Austin

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
Re: Help Please
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 02:31:49 PM »
Would this be of help to you? I think you need version 12 or above but I don't know a whole lot about Corel-

http://www.candcnc.com/DXFToolDetails.htm

Welcome to the forum-

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 02:41:54 PM »
also check that you are in "Constant Velocity" under "General Logical Configuration".
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »
Bought the DXF tool a while ago, still cuts bad, Constant Velocity has been on, I really am getting to my wits end.  I would like to post a cut file, along with the G-Code, and some pics of the edges I'm getting, but how do I post a file? I click on insert image, but it just inserts this ---->. Can't find how to post an attatchment.

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 04:05:54 PM »
When replying,look for the "Additional Options" link to the left of the reply box and click on it.

It'll reveal an attachment box to load your files. Name it something odd so it doesn't match anything else on this server or it will be kicked off.

Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 04:32:49 PM »
Here are some pics and files. Thanks!
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 04:37:11 PM »
Here is the G-code

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2008, 10:27:32 PM »
JLIGGETT,
Your curves are actually made up of very short lines. I have attached what they look like in CAD.
You can tell this by the code / "small" xy moves in the gcode.
As stated by Zealous, if you use constant veloicity this should help the cutting, but idealy ,the curved sections should be one continous
arc to begin with.
Use a CAD program to generate the drawing and DXF it. I don't use Corel so don't know if there are any settings in that program which may help
when drawing it or exporting it. Others may have some suggestions on economical CAD programs or even free ones.
RICH
« Last Edit: October 20, 2008, 10:39:30 PM by RICH »

Offline Sam

•  987 987
    • View Profile
    • hillbillyhilton.com
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 01:17:07 AM »
This problem with Corel is a very common topic here. Here is a post that might be of interest.
http://www.machsupport.com/forum/index.php/topic,7132.0.html

From what I gather, DXFTool has pleased allot of users. In my personal opinion, $50.00 is better off being applied to a decent cad software.
"CONFIDENCE: it's the feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation."

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 01:17:44 AM »
Hi, Jon

Try setting your X & Y Acceleration Values Higher in Motor tuning, This Value con often be higher than your assigned F speed setting.

Chip