Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:35:49 PM

Author Topic: Abnormal Condition warning  (Read 12464 times)

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
Re: Abnormal Condition warning
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
Hi, Rich

The Abnormal Condition Button was added over a year ago,  Mach3 R1.90.091

would be nice to have a complete list of what sets it off.

You could add the Button to the lathe .Lset screen set with Screen4.

Chip

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2008, 11:58:54 PM »
Thanks for all that insight. Now that I understand it I guess it makes some (very limited) sense why it's activated in my particular program when nothing else has ever done it.(in my limited experience).
So now I'll ignore it.

I am now beginning to be suspicious about my installation of Mach on this test laptop. The code presented sometimes loads and comes up with an error about "the start of an arc is not consistent with the end point" (something like that). Then the program sits on the bad line of code and nothing works. The only way to get rid of the error seems to be to clear the code and shut down Mach and restart it and then the code usually loads and runs fine.
 This and the other "abnormal condition errors" seem to come and go. Some other strange things as well. Only on this program.
I noticed tonight that the code loads and runs fine on my actual CNC setup. No flashing lights or hangups.
Has anyone tried my program to see if it triggers any of these problems?

Sage
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 12:02:57 AM by Sage »

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2008, 12:42:44 AM »
Hi, Sage

If your IJ's Mode isn't configured properly, You will get this type of error.

People and Programed G-Code  leave Mach in the last state Run.

Preambles need to be put in the top of your code to set Mach to interpret/read the code.

Do some reading on G90, G91, G90.1 and G91.1, These are some of the settings used to set Mach in a correct State.

Chip

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2008, 10:13:29 AM »
Ok I'll do some reading. RTFM as they say.  Since you say it saves the previous state this may explain why it could load fine sometimes and complains at other times (for me anyway) after runnning some other program in between. But it doesn't really (I don't think) explain why loading it multiple times in a row it can load once bad an the next time fine.
 I posted the code  at the beginning of this thread. Would you have any specific suggestion what should be set up to ensure proper loading?

It's a simple program. I can't see any possibly confusing parts.

Sage

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2008, 11:05:29 AM »
Sage,
My take on it and using your code example.

Mach knows that my machine when started will always be in absolute distance mode.
Load a program and you now are doing incremental moves.          Stay with me.
If an operator, and say just the same program over and over, Mach flags  to the operator,
"somethinig wrong, see your supervisor".

Now a different analogy, just me and i now that things are fine, so don't bother me Mach.

---------------------------
I mentioned the lathe, because, sometimes i'm changing all kinds of settings for whatever reason.
Should i decide to actualy do some cutting, I'm always going in to the settings and rechecking  my configuraton.
So in light of the above, and if  i can come around to trusting it, it could be of real value.
RICH

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2008, 12:22:08 PM »
Hi, Sage

Things can be aggravating at times,  Looking at your G-code, If you Stop part way through the code you can get stuck in G91 Inc Mode, Giving Errors when re-starting or re-loading the Same G-code.

Try adding this code in the top of your G-code.

(Program to make Howell Lifter Bushings - Sheet25)
(Climb Milling)
(#14 Drill to suit 3/16 reamer)
(Mill with 1/8 4 flute center cutting mill)

(Resets Mach3 to a Default Mode)
G80   ; Pre-Amb Code Set Cancel Can-Cyc Mode
G20   ; Pre-Amb Code Set INCH Unit Mode
G90   ; Pre-Amb Code Set ABS Mode
G91.1 ; Pre-Amb Code Set IJ Inc Mode

(#14 Pre-drill for Reamer)
M5 M9
G0  Z0.1000

Chip

Offline Sage

•  365 365
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »
Chip:

Between what you and Rich wrote the light suddenly went on. When troubleshooting the program I quite often stop it right in the middle and go to edit code then go back to try again. I can see now that doing that can be a problem. I think I usually have some pre-amble code at the beginning as I usually adopt code from LazyCam which does generate some. This time (and becasue I'm actually leaning a bit) I just used LazyCam to get the geometry and wrote the rest myself.
 From now on I'll pay better attention to the pre-amble code. Thanks.

This begs another comment though. I would have thought that Mach should clear everything back to some pre-set configuration parameters when you clear the  G-code and reload a new program,  OR at the minimum when you clear the code and specifically push the reset button or something like that. This does not appear to be the case. I tried all that.
 So unless you have endless pre-amble code to cover every possible setting that could have been manipulated by another program, how do you ever return to a fresh start condition? I'm not even sure re-starting Mach clears some stuff. Maybe I missed something in the configuration.

Sage

Offline MarkC

•  94 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2008, 04:07:20 PM »
Go up a few posts and look at the graphic. Where it has the G80, add G90 and anything else you might need and then check box above that says "use INIT string on all resets". That should do the trick. Mine, for example has G80 G90 G49 G0

HTH
Mark
Mark

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 07:47:22 PM »
Ok Chip,
Now you got me taking a peek at the Wiki and screen designer stuff. :)

Think I'll just pack my suitcase for a short stay on this journey! ;D
RICH

Offline ger21

•  6,295 6,295
    • View Profile
    • The CNC Woodworker
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 08:09:57 PM »

Think I'll just pack my suitcase for a short stay on this journey! ;D
RICH

Good luck with that. You better pack two. ;)
Gerry

2010 Screenset
http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM Dovetail and Box Joint software
http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html