Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 10:35:05 AM

Author Topic: Rotary air clamp  (Read 4082 times)

Rotary air clamp
« on: October 15, 2008, 01:13:19 PM »
Hi all,
I have a rotary axis with an air clamp on it.  What I would like mach to do is turn the air clamp on for me when the axis isn't moving.  I'm assuming I should do this with a brain.  What I can do, is set up one output to enable the air brake switch and to turn the servo motor off simultaneously so it will free run.  Then whenever the motor is commanded to move, disable that output and have an input going back to mach to tell it that it is ready to move and the air switch is off.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.
Re: Rotary air clamp
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 06:03:42 PM »
Hello,

I guess there is a few ways to skin this cat.

A brain that monitors the feedrate of that axis you are metioning and deactivates the brake when the feedrate is more than 0 would work, only thing is, i dont think the deactivation is instantaneous, so the axis will try to move before the brake is completely disengaged.

Have you tried adding an M code before and after the axis move, and just write a macro to activate an deactivate an input, that is the easiest way i can think of doing it.
Regards
Fernando

Offline poppabear

•  2,235 2,235
  • Briceville, TN, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 10:28:44 AM »
Yeap M-Codes before and after move.

For Example:

Prior to move, A Axis

'====================
'M900  Release Brake
ActivateSignal(OUTPUT4) 'assumes your Brake is Passive ON even with power off, the signal pulls it off.
'====================

After Move, A Axis
'===================
'M901 ReClamp Brake
DeActivateSignal(OUTPUT4)  'returns to Passive "Sping" load clamp or what ever.
'===================

scott

« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 10:31:21 AM by poppabear »
fun times
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 12:20:58 PM »
you might as well add a:

Code "G4 Px" (where x is a time amount set in mili seconds or seconds depending on the general config settings)
While ismoving()
sleep 100
Wend

after the clap activation and deactivation to allow the brake to fully engage/disengage