Hello Guest it is April 16, 2024, 03:25:01 AM

Author Topic: Mouse movements change spindle speed  (Read 3524 times)

Mouse movements change spindle speed
« on: October 13, 2008, 09:16:20 AM »
I know, its wierd.  But its happening.  I now have Mach 3 controlling my water cooled spindle thru a CNC4PC C6 speed control board and a Chinese VFD.  It works now.  I can change speed in Mach 3 and the spindle responds.  I can change Gcode, and I can use the spindle on button in Mach.  All good.  But when I change speed with the override, using the mouse to click on plus or minus buttons, or when I just move the mouse around the screen, I get CHANGES IN SPINDLE SPEED. 

Nothing drastic, just enough to be an audible difference, and maybe a spike of 100 cycles or so.  Its too fast to get an accurate readout, and it is spikey, and comes and goes with mouse motion.

So, what can cause the mouse motion to change spindle speed?  My mouse is not wireless, BTW. 

Thanks for any help. 
Wayne C

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse movements change spindle speed
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 09:59:40 AM »
What size CPU does your computer have, also what memory?
 Hood

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2008, 12:21:09 AM »
Hi, Wayne

Have a computer with the same sorta issues, Is your Pulse  Frequency stable on the Diagnostics page. ?

If not that may be the issue, Optimization of windows may help.

Chip
Pulse fluctuates some. How do I optimize?
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 08:35:55 PM »
I do have some fluctuations in the pulse freq.  I'll check that out more and see how much.  What do I do to optimize?  The machine has almost nothing on it.  No net access, no network or wireless card, no internet access, no fun at all.  Just Mach 3 and basic WinXP home.

The machine is a Dell Optiplex 210L.  It has 1gb ram and is a Pentium 4  running at 3GH.  Should be more than enough.

Thanks for your help with this. 

Wayne

Offline Chip

•  2,055 2,055
  • Gainesville Florida USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 12:10:22 PM »
Hi, Wayne

Work through this document, "Win XP Optimization"

Implementing them one at a time, You may not need to do them all.

http://www.machsupport.com/downloads/XP_Optimization.txt

On my problem computer (non opto-ed), I'v found a large cut/view screen will stabilize the puls freq (lock it in), There was a problem with M3's and M5's hanging the G-code untill I installed later ver. Mach3 R3.042.013/.015.

Now it's stable and not hanging.

Hope this Helps, Chip