Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:21:45 PM

Author Topic: Using "Scream4"  (Read 3677 times)

Using "Scream4"
« on: June 05, 2004, 04:55:19 AM »
Is there anyone here "fluent" in using screen4.exe that can answer some (I think) pretty basic questions?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Using "Scream4"
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 04:56:52 AM »
Shoot Ray, I may be able to help.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2004, 05:25:37 AM »
Brett,
   Thanks!  Let's start with what seems like should be easy ones. 

1) I open screen4, load 1024.set.  None of the gray buttons, for example "Load G-Code", "Close G-Code", appear to be editable.  When I move the mouse pointer over them, it doesn't change to the pointy finger.  So, how is the function of those buttons defined?

2) The "Status" textbox and "Profile" textbox both appear to be identical (other than size) Label controls.  What connects them to their functionality, since none is indicated for either of them.

3) The "color" dialog allows changing the background color for the G-code window, as well as the text colot, but not the color for the highlighted line (which is always a white background).  How can that be changed?

I'm mostly interested in making some fairly minor cosmetic changes - re-sizing a few things, and changing colors, to enhance readability from a distance.  Some of the other screensets do some REALLY bizarre things....

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 05:37:56 AM »
Ray, you can use the imag button at teh top to turn on/off background images. i would turn it off while trying to edit buttons. Just double click on the button you want to edit. Their function will be defined when you open up the box for it. You may also want to click on none in the tool bar on the left if your not adding anything, just editing what is already there.

The Status and Profile text boxes are "Smart labels". i think there is a list of all smart labels on the Wiki.

The color dialog does have the option to change color of highlighted code I'm sure.

The biggest problem I know of in screen 4 is this, when working on a screen choose a res. for it that is low enough taht you can see all of it without scrolling.

Brett

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2004, 05:46:45 AM »
Brett,

Interesting.... Some buttons can be edited by right-clicking OR double-clicking, some by double-clicking only....

There are color settings for G-Code background,and G-Code text, but not for background on the highlighted line.

So, on the "smart labels", I assume the default text is what defines the functionality?

Regards,
Ray L.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2004, 06:09:46 AM »
Ypur right on all 3. I was thinking of dros maybe for the color options.

Brett