Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 06:52:39 AM

Author Topic: Custom onscreen keyboard  (Read 6037 times)

Custom onscreen keyboard
« on: October 09, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »
Hello guys,

i was thinking of using the TAB screen to make an onscreen keyboard. just the used Keys in CNC, (G, M, F, S, P, -, numbers... etc...)

Ive seen the shell command to open the OSK from windows, but it is not too friendly for touchscreens.

is it possible to make this without flash?

Or maybe a standalone onscreen keyboard i could call from the shell but that is touchscreen friendly... and customizable to remove non used keys...

Regards
Fernando

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
Re: Custom onscreen keyboard
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2008, 04:31:12 PM »
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2008, 04:39:21 PM »
Thanks Zealous....
I found another one, might be better and just costs 19 bucks or so... Comfort On-screen keyboard

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 02:55:46 AM »
Great!
I took alook at that keyboard and it looks very nice.. how has it been working out?
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:31:01 AM »
I just got the demo version, and it looks great, easily customizable.

Can be setup as for it to autohide, and autoshow when you are in a text box, although inside mach it only works on the mdi line, not the DROs

You need the pro version to be able to make custom screens.

Only thing I could not find is, how to modify the placement of the letters inside the keys, and to change those letters to capitals.

Another thing its missing, that would be great is to be able to have macros, for example one key press could automatically type G01 etc etc...
Regards
Fernando
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2008, 06:22:52 PM »
Hello
I just noticed the auto-calculator function.

It is in the operator menu/auto-calculator

When enabled if you press on any DRO, a calculator displays, handy if you have a touchscreen, but the keys are too small.

is there a way to change the application that opens when you click on a DRO?

It would be great that with a touchscreen, when you press on a DRO or MDI line, that an onscreen keyboard appeared, like the ones we have talked about on this thread.

Regards
Fernando

Offline zealous

•  489 489
  • HI!
    • View Profile
    • Artsoft Solutions
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2008, 01:07:56 PM »
Not that I am aware of, the auto-calculator function is created in C++ on Brian's end.

It might be nice to have a Label that tells you which object currently has focus and then we could write some VB code to make things happen accordingly.

I wonder why the "On screen Keyboard" wouldn't pop-up when hitting a DRO, but work when hitting the MDI?