Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 02:42:05 PM

Author Topic: Problem with Write wizard - All coordinates are Zero  (Read 12931 times)

Problem with Write wizard - All coordinates are Zero
« on: June 18, 2006, 02:23:54 AM »
With Mach2, I could use the Write wizard to do some simple engraving and it worked just fine. With Mach3, I just get all zero's for X & Y coordinates in the resulting G-code.

Can anyone suggest a place to start looking for my problem ?
David Morrow
Re: Problem with Write wizard - All coordinates are Zero
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2006, 07:10:27 AM »
Just tested it here and it is working great.. What font are you doing?
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2006, 12:10:31 PM »
Doesn't work with any fonts; tried various styles & sizes
David Morrow
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2006, 12:26:17 PM »
reinstall Mach3 and be sure that you don't uncheck install English wizards. Also what is the name of the profile that you are running? Is it Mach3Mill?

You may need to move the macro's over :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2006, 12:52:42 PM »
The wizards are there, just not generating usable G-code. Reloading Mach3 sounds a bit extreme unless you are absolutely sure that is the problem. I'm using the Soundlogic configuration file with minor changes to suit my motors.
David Morrow
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2007, 09:19:45 PM »
I have found that the sound logic has  been rearanged some and some bad input as well, so just put all your good setup into your mach and then run from that xml from thenon. the main beef i had with sound logiic xml was with the spindle reverse, turned out to be output 1 in spdl setup and out put two on the pin config setup. to clarify, load your mach xml and put in all of your soundlogic config that is functional saving as you go then shut down clean and restart using your mach xml and forget your soundlogic xml altogether asit is a pita !
CRUISER
  Don