Hello Guest it is April 19, 2024, 04:00:44 AM

Author Topic: Mirror image when engraving, why?  (Read 4822 times)

Mirror image when engraving, why?
« on: June 15, 2006, 06:53:02 PM »
I never noticed this untill the other day and for the life of me I cant figure out how to fix it.

I am engraving and everything is a mirror image. Even in the engraving wizard that comes with Mach3.

I tried reversing the servos in the homing limits tab and all it does is flip the engraving so its upside down. but its still a mirror image.

Any suggestions?

((((EDIT))))
In an effort to out do my sself in stupid mistakes, I just realized when I reversed the  servos I reversed both x and y. It was not until just now that I realized that was my mistake. I just now reversed only the x and fixed the problem. Maybe if this topic comes up agin my post will help others deal with brain farts like mine.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 07:07:45 PM by replicaprops »
Re: Mirror image when engraving, why?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 07:26:50 PM »
Good job getting that fixed! nice to see that you kept working on it!

Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2012, 12:39:38 PM »
Bit of an old post but it helped me today so shows the importance of searching.

I had a mirror image of parts which I had noticed when running an odd shaped profile. Tried to engrave text to confirm and sure enough, Y axis needed reversing.

I knew I had to reverse something and this post explained in under a minute where the problem lie

Just for info.

Cheers

Al.
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2012, 01:48:47 PM »
Well I am having the same problem, by the way Im a newby. Please be patient with I have to learn some terminology.
I built a Solsylva plan machine. dual X drive with a 1600 oz motor. My Y & Z are driven by 425 oz..
I did have to initially have reversed Y and Z drives as they traveled in the wrong direction. Did changing the motor direction do some to change the Gcode
The file looks correct in the preview window but mirrors the cut.
Any steps I should take? I afraid to do some thing that will only cause me more frustration.
Joe
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 08:42:55 PM »
update!
got it  figured out. a newb mistake. I was homed on the opposite side of where I should have been.
Had to walk away from it for a couple of days

Sorry for wasting anyones time

Offline Tweakie.CNC

•  9,198 9,198
  • Super Kitty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 08:22:59 AM »
Hi joeqman,

I am pleased you got it sorted.

Never worry about wasting anyone's time - your solution will, in turn, help someone else and that is the way it goes.

Tweakie.
PEACE
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 07:28:15 PM »
Thanks Tweakie,

I have a lot of time in this project, and just didnt know where to turn too.