Hello Guest it is March 29, 2024, 10:12:56 AM

Author Topic: servo selection.......  (Read 13598 times)

Re: servo selection.......
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 01:25:16 PM »
Hood,

3000 / 60 = 500? Looks like the ol' Casio may be ready for new batteries.... :-)

Regards,
Ray L.

oops, bit of a typo there but the final figures are correct I think ;) just put an extra zero in, I have an excuse, I was running the mill, the lathe and also drawing a ciorcuit board up while I was working it out and replying , well thats my story and I am sticking to it ;D

Hood

Hood,

Doing all that, it's a miracle you didn't spill your Scotch!  :-)

Regards,
RayL.
Regards,
Ray L.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 03:14:37 PM »
no chance of that :)

Hood
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2008, 04:09:57 AM »
ashish

I have various means of doing that, first thing is my Step/Dir inputs to the drive are 5v and I would imagine the Yaskawas would be the same, so no need for anything there. The rest of the I/O on the drive is either through a PLC or things like limits are through relays to the PC.

Hood

Just through the manual again n found that they have two options for driving the position pulse.
a) line driver.........it uses 24vdc power from drive itself n a current limiting resistor.
b) Open collector ............its external supply n different resistance value for optocoupler.

I guess B is for 5Vdc signal. Should i go for it.
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2008, 04:12:09 AM »
here is the details i found in the manual
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2008, 04:18:49 AM »
Hood,

Can we use HID device or Joystic Port with Mach3 ....for analouge input signals. Or we just have MODBUS for external devices.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2008, 08:44:02 AM »
Think the only  analogue inputs at the moment is ModBUS, hover the PoKeys should hopefully have them shortly. Art is working on a plugin to take adavantage of MPG inputs and Analogue Inputs.

Looks like you should be able to use the 5v for the Step/Dir inputs to the drives, would just need a suitably sized current limiting resistor.

Hood
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2008, 10:41:19 AM »
Think the only analogue inputs at the moment is ModBUS, hover the PoKeys should hopefully have them shortly. Art is working on a plugin to take adavantage of MPG inputs and Analogue Inputs.

There's and open source diy available.................... http://1010.co.uk/avrhid.htm l..........................if this goin to work with mach, don't u think we can have ProPad kind of stuff added to our Mach.
For plugin ......its up to Artsoft how much they can support n how many users want it customised.

Should we get this on FEATURE REQUESTS

Thanks for confirming ster/dir issue.........let me hard-wire them this weekend

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2008, 11:21:17 AM »
Your link seems dead. If you are capable of writing a plugin then you can use almost anything you want with Mach, I believe there is a SDK for writing plugins.

Not really confirming that you can use 5v Step/dir inputs but certainly looks like you can from the pics you posted above.

Hood