Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 09:32:28 AM

Author Topic: ZOOM LIMITED IN MACH TURN SCREEN  (Read 4259 times)

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
ZOOM LIMITED IN MACH TURN SCREEN
« on: September 29, 2008, 08:06:25 PM »
I can zoom in on the toolpaths in Mach Turn ( vr3.041) and see the toolpaths very well. On another pC with R3.042.003 the zoom is limited.
It this the case for any of the other  test versions or do I need to load a different screen?? Or shoould i even go on to say 3.042.12?
RICH

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: ZOOM LIMITED IN MACH TURN SCREEN
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 10:02:49 PM »
I'm not sure Rich, but If I were going to try a bleeding edge version i would use .0012 as it's the latest and many fixes have been made since .003. Be warned though, this is a bleeding edge development version.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline RICH

•  7,427 7,427
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 10:47:47 PM »
Thanks Brett,
HMM.................HEAD or TAILS
TAILS it is  ;D
RICH
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 01:00:38 AM »
The Mach3 lathe tool path window apparently limits how far I can zoom in by the largest moves present or something like that.

I have both front and rear tool posts so the Z movement is larger than normal and the resulting important tool path is too small to see what is
happening. How can I override the zoom limit and zoom in further?

Why is there even a limit on zoom in the first place?  I understand that the default setting is required but otherwise let the user zoom away.
I am using the latest version (3.042.032).
TIA
Bertho

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 02:28:41 AM »
Should be better in Rev 4, especially with the twin turrets, I am waiting patiently for it myself :)

Hood
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 04:19:46 AM »
Apparently I am not doing something wrong then.
If just the zoom in limit was removed it would be very useful as it is.
Bertho

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 04:37:45 AM »
I think its the same old story, everything  sounds simple to do but the way Mach is written everything is intertwined and removing one thing can screw up another. Rev4 is all in modules so changes to one will no affect another and the more people want Brian to do things to fix up Rev 3 the less time he has to dedicate to Rev4 and the longer it will be in coming out.
I have been waiting about a year for Brian to do some work on Turn, specifically dual tool turret offsets and every time he is asked to sort something, which is not a life threatening bug,  in Rev 3 my heart sinks as I know the work on Turn will be put back again.

Hood
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 04:51:03 AM »
I understand and agree that we should not bother Brian.  Is there not a test version of the new tool path viewer released?  I think I saw some post about that.  Maybe that was only for the mill??

Any suggestions for a temporary gcode lathe viewer in the meantime while waiting for Rev 4?
Bertho

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 05:06:03 AM »
The test versions I have had were  only for Mill I am afraid :-(

I really know of any viewers for lathes, most CAM packages have them in built but thats about it.

Hood