Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:39:29 PM

Author Topic: Feedrate override in turn  (Read 10655 times)

Feedrate override in turn
« on: September 26, 2008, 07:50:47 AM »
Hello,

I am from the Netherlands, so sorry for my Englisch language.

For 5 years I am working with Mach Mill and I use when the machine is in action the feedrate override and that works well.

Now I try that in Mach Turn and now I can't find, how to do that.

Is it possible to override the feedrate in Mach Turn, wken the machine is in action?

I tryed several versions, but no results.

Thanks and greering from the Netherlands.

Riny

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Feedrate override in turn
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 10:07:48 AM »
The standard screen doesnt have it on it, why I dont know but  you can just add it yourself with Screen4 if you want.
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 05:14:13 PM »
The standard screen doesnt have it on it, why I dont know but you can just add it yourself with Screen4 if you want.
Hood
Thanks Hood, I have made te buttons in the Screeneditor and it works fine.

With kindly regards

Riny

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2008, 03:24:21 AM »
:)

Offline BOB88

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »
Hello Hood,
I have the same problem.  I don't know how to get feed override to work in Mach3 Turn.  Is it possible to have the sliders for FRO and Speed override like in mill?

I don't know how to copy them from mill to turn.  Can you give me instructions as to how to do it?  I do have Screen4 on my computer and screen designer.

Thank you for your consideration.
Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 02:51:54 AM »
Open the lathe screenset in Screen4 and then click on the button at the top that has the Img with the red diagonal through it.
Now go to the right and click on the DRO icon then clcik on your screen where you want the slider to be.
Next click on the None icon (this is so you dont add more DROs to your screen by mistake)
Now resize your DRO by double clicking it and  typing the sizes into the box.  the height and width of the mill one is 198 high 32 wide.
Next from the system function choose FeedOverRide
put a tick in the skined box
Paste this into the format string    SDTL5H250%3.0f
Type 8 in the Tab group box
Finally at the top click on image location and browse to C:\Mach3\Bitmaps\MillBitmaps   and choose Slider1.png

Ok the box and save the screenset, best to rename it so that it doesnt get overwritten if you update Mach.
All thats left is to open turn, clcik view menu the load screen and browse to the renamed screen, you will need to change the Files Type box to Turn before you will see it when browsing.

Hood

Offline BOB88

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 12:59:15 PM »
Hi again Hood,

Thank you for you kind and thorough answer.  I was able to get the FRO slider working beautiful by following your instructions.
I couldn't find the "None" Icon so I just skipped that step and was careful not to add any additional DRO's.
I tried to do the same with the Speed override slider but didn't see a "speed override" in the system function list.

If it were there, would we use the same format string SDTL5H250%3.0f  ?

Thank you again Hood.  Answers like yours benefit the whole community greatly.

Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 01:55:32 PM »
SRO doesn't have a name as you have discovered, you will instead need to enter the OEM code remembering to check the box for OEM.
The string will be the same and the  oem code for SRO is 74.

Hood

Offline BOB88

•  20 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 06:01:41 PM »
I got the another slider on the screen following your instructions and the slider goes up and down OK but it doesn't change the S OV% or the little 100 at the top of the slider itself. 

To test it, I set the speed on the MDI line with M3 S2000.  It puts the 2000 in the Speed DRO but the slider doesn't change the percentage. Did I miss something?

Thank you again,
Bob

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 06:19:34 PM »
I have never tried the SRO slider ( I prefer external pots) on the lathe screen so it may be that it is only available in mill only.
Hood