Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 10:00:42 PM

Author Topic: Help conecting mach3 with Automation Direct servo motors  (Read 7770 times)

Help conecting mach3 with Automation Direct servo motors
« on: June 14, 2006, 04:32:56 PM »
Hi .anybody know how conect mach 3 with automation direct sureservo motors and drives with pulse and direction I apreciate any diagram that anyone can send me Thanks.
                                                                                                  www.lmtooling03@aol.com
Re: Help conecting mach3 with Automation Direct servo motors
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 07:10:41 AM »
I have been out for about a day and a half so i have not had time to look through the paper work at the shop (What a mess that is...). I should haveit by the end of the day :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 08:54:29 AM »
This how I have them hooked up :)
Fixing problems one post at a time ;)

www.newfangledsolutions.com
www.machsupport.com
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 10:52:11 AM »
Do you connect the Com- on the sureservo to anything to make this work?

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 11:10:45 AM »
Dont know anything about the way the SureServos are wired but it is normal  to provide a common reference for the Step and Dir signals, so if they are coming from a breakout board you will also need the common reference from that board
Hood
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 08:19:10 PM »
The three wires shown in Brians drawing are the only ones that need to be hooked to the break out board that interfaces with mach , the com+ and com- terminals on the sure servo breakout board are used for source or sinking other inputs.  You will need to attach at least an enable and reset push buttons to the sure servo break out board to get it up and running.

They are really nice drives once you wade thru the manual. I found there are only a couple of drawings and maybe 10 pages in the 500 page manual that you need to get the drives set up in Mach. I will look later and post the page # if you would like
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 08:34:12 PM »
Thanks...  I hooked it up like the diagram and jogged from Mach 3 and made the motor turn. Actually, I have quite a bit of experience with sureservos (driven by AD PLCs). My current project is a box-packing machine that needs to make multi-axis moves rather quickly, which is really beyond the ability of an H2ctrio card/PLC combo. I am a cnc-router hobbyist also and use EMC2 on my machine at home.This box-packing machine's PC needs to run some windows software, so after some search I decided to use Mach 3. I really like what I've seen so far!