Hello Guest it is April 20, 2024, 01:48:17 AM

Author Topic: Six axis setup  (Read 5751 times)

Six axis setup
« on: September 19, 2008, 11:45:26 PM »
Hi all
PLs. help me to setup my CNC machine, with six axis. I have two MaxNC controler, one PC with two LPT port, but can not setup the second port. Every help will be wellcome.
Thanks for your time

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
Re: Six axis setup
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 10:26:33 AM »
Have you looked in device manager to get the address for the second port and enetered that in Mach?
Hood
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 09:49:53 AM »
Hi
Yes, I got that address and entered to Mach3. I also enable all axis, and changed some value( pls. see attached files). The second port have power, all two motor was bracked, but I can not move those axis( I named it by C and B axis), exept all original axis( witch connect to port 1) work well. Pls. guide me how to setting it up or what's I need to pay attention to.
Thanks
P/s: Sorry, I can not post files, pls. give me your E-mail address, or send me an E-mail at: namnp2007@gmail.com

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »
You can attach files by using the additional options on the full reply page. If the file name has been used on the forum before you will have to rename your file, if the file type is not allowed you can zip your file and it will attach.

What make/type of port do you have, some of the cheaper ones are not true parallel ports and will not work properly with Mach.

Hood
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 08:16:32 PM »
Dear Hood
I'm not sure about my port, do you have some truted name of port production?
Could you guide me to set it up, step by step, and every thing I need to change or check. I followed some e-mail like that, but it's only say about fourd axis.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 05:06:22 AM »
In the pics you showed you dont have port 2 enabled
Hood
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 09:58:10 AM »
Hi Hook
No , I tryed both enable or unenable this option, but when I enable this, the second port have power, all two motor was braked, but I can't move it , even at JOG mode( pls. note that on this mode, all original axises work fine.
Pls, guide me how to enable this port( step by step), for exemple: Firt: check enable second port,
Second: check.....
Third: .....
Thanks

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 10:36:07 AM »
I dont know anything about MaxNC machines other than I think you have to go with the pinouts they have and you cant alter or add to them. Maybe you will have to try and search the forum and find someone else that has a MaxNC and ask them.
Hood
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 02:14:12 PM »
I had issues with my parallel ports in that I couldn't use my on-board port as port one and my PCI add on card as port two.  I had jog issues, ports not working, etc. 

In my efforts to diagnose my pci card port, I swapped my on board parallel port to LP2 and my PCI port to LP1.  I also modified the entries in Mach to reflect the changes.

In doing this, all worked as it should!  I swapped every thing back to make sure I wasn't dreaming this and it was back to the same old stuff of not working.  Swapped it back and all is well.

Not sure if this would be related.

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2008, 11:26:39 PM »
@Hood:
Thanks for your time, I'll try late.
@osphotor:
Thanks. I will try it.
@all
Is someone hare have experience about it?