Hello Guest it is April 17, 2024, 08:32:21 PM

Author Topic: Feed rate after tool change problem  (Read 11103 times)

Feed rate after tool change problem
« on: September 19, 2008, 07:23:31 PM »
Hi gang. I've been pretty quite here for a long time but I think I have found a bug.

It's not a big deal and it's an easy code fix. I use Sheetcam to generate almost all of my gcode. Sheetcam's Mach post jams an F1 into the init code. Les says it's to keep Mach quite during the init. Don't really know what that means.

Anyway, The F1 comes before the tool change. When run, the mill goes to the tool change location and waits. On continue the next move, which is a G00 to some location, the mill runs at F1 speed like it was a G01 move.

I think it has been like this forever. It still does it in the latest dev version as well. I have just gotten into the habit of changing that F1 to F50 in the editor each time I load a file.

Am I missing something or doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Ted

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
  • Take that you LazyCam, next stop the glue factory!
    • View Profile
Re: Feed rate after tool change problem
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 07:41:54 PM »
Ted,

I've noticed the same thing going on, seems it gets back up to speed once it reaches the next point if I recall but I usually get impaitent and do a run from here thing.

Kristin
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2008, 08:30:38 PM »
Yes, it only affects the first move after the tool change. Runs correct feed rate after that.

I had a problem with Sheetcam TNG and this issue came up. I changed the SC Mach post to jam an F50 in there instead of the F1. Les is the one who brought up the question as to why I was doing this.

It's an easy workaround for me but it did bring up the point that Mach may have a bug.

Ted
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 08:36:52 PM by tagrace »

Offline Kristin D

•  203 203
  • Take that you LazyCam, next stop the glue factory!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 09:26:19 PM »
Must be something like that, as when I start up Mach asks to press Cycle start after tool change, it runs at speed then, next change or possibly the third one, it goes into slow motion.

Kristin

Offline budman68

•  2,352 2,352
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2008, 07:45:14 AM »
May I ask what version you guys are using?

Thanks,
Dave
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Just because I'm a Global Moderator, don't assume that I know anything !

Dave->    ;)

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2008, 07:59:19 AM »
Please attach the code and the xml as I dont have that problem on either mill or lathe.
Hood
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2008, 08:23:41 AM »
Dave,
Version does not matter.. It has always done this. I was running 2.63 as of Wednesday when Les (of Sheetcam)  brought this up. I loaded the latest Dev version on Thursday and it still does it.

Hood,
I won't be back at the shop till Monday so I can't get to the code. Maybe Kristin has access to her code.

Ted

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 10:18:23 AM »
ok will look out for it on Monday

Hood
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 08:57:31 PM »
OK, today was a crazy day.Sorry I did not get this done sooner.

Attached is an xml file and the test.tap file that will duplicate this problem for me.

I stripped the job code down to all you need to duplicate it. On both my mill system AND another system system I loaded the latest dev version on to play with, the code runs to the tool change and stops. Upon continue, the Z moves at rapid speed to safe Z, and then moves down at F1 speed prior to turning on the Spindle.

The only thing different here from my original explanation is I rasied the safe height to 5.000 as opposed to 3.000. My actual job code moves the Z to 3.00 at the end of a run thus, I was not seeing the rapid rise to Safe height as it was already there.

To duplicate, just load it up, zero x, y, and z, hit start. Hit start after the tool change stop. The Z will rise to safe height of 5 at rapid speed and then go down at F1.

Also note, I have not changed the M6 macros in any way. They are original as delivered.

Thanks for looking at it.

Ted

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 12:06:48 AM »
I dont really follow what your problem is, you have a F1 in your code and Mach is obeying that F1. The only way that Mach will go faster is if the F1 is superceded by another F word. This is not a bug in Mach as its just doing exactly what the code is telling it to do, you need to sort the Post Processor in SheetCAM.
 Maybe I am just not understanding what you are meaning or expecting.
Hood