Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 05:16:28 AM

Author Topic: Mach3 tablet controller  (Read 6383 times)

Mach3 tablet controller
« on: September 01, 2015, 10:09:04 PM »
Is there a software that can be used on a tablet to control mach3?
thanks paul

Offline dude1

•  1,253 1,253
    • View Profile
Re: Mach3 tablet controller
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:02:08 AM »
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 12:18:53 PM »
There are a few tablets that run Windows, and they all will run Mach3, except Windows RT. The 12" tablets are pricier than the typical laptop, but with a USB multiple connector, they offer a very compact solution.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 09:40:00 AM »
thanks for the info  the tablet that i own is an android tablet.   i am also thinking to just purchase a mach3 wireless pendant .
not sure what model will suit my needs   I own a shopbot cnc running mach3    the pendant will have to have a range of about 20 feet.
As there are a few models online.  I need some help to go about getting the correct one.   I need to be able to jog XYZ axis also to
to stop and start run.  getting back to the tablet i tried this link .       http://www.cnc-valmec.it/     and its what i was looking for but was unable to download the file  believe the link is not working.
Regards Paul       

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 02:34:01 PM »
You should correspond with the maker of the wireless pendant to make sure it will operate on the Android system. Twenty feet away from the machine seems like an unusual requirement for CNC machine operation. I have one of the Vista wired pendants, with an LCD screen; well thought out, and solidly built.  If you have not tried it, the 2010 Screen is a huge improvement over the standard Mach3 screen, and I believe there is an Android version available. With that screen, and a Bluetooth keyboard, you may find it unnecessary to invest in a wireless pendant.

John