Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:48:50 PM

Author Topic: My turret move 0.01mm to Z+ everytime after return the way  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Vicke

•  13 13
    • View Profile
My turret move 0.01mm to Z+ everytime after return the way
« on: September 14, 2008, 08:55:35 PM »
I have test everything.  From Bachlash, and shuttel down to 0.05 in Generál config, Well everytime I return X or Z    like this step 1.000 and send this comand  G01 F50 Z-1 Enter.

A coments, if I drive 1.000 and drive, say 100 times in same direktion, the display shoud wiev 100.000mm  When the same procedure goingback the result is 100.000
The stuped thing is when I change the direction.  All change give 0.01mm always in Z+  or if I drive X this is always 0.01mm in direktion X+
I have test and use Backlash. After that i TEST Motor Tuning. I was test to schange the motorstep from my default 200 to 180 to 220 but that was no solusion.

Anybody ho have any thing like this. Could it be some puls from card when I change the direktion. I have even seen, if I have set home X and Z the display wiev 0.000 on both X and Z. 
 No my gentleman, if I klick on Zero Wold X or  sero wold Z I can hére a click and and the support are move 0.001mm but the display are in same as after homing. 0.000
Ok, if I klick 10 times on etch Z and X  both move + 0.001  +  x 10= 0.010.   Is my cable unsisolated or what are you thinking abut.  I need help folk.
Vicke

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 09:20:01 PM by Vicke »

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: My turret move 0.01mm to Z+ everytime after return the way
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2008, 03:54:06 AM »
This is probably your BOB board - if you have one. Many BOBs have opto isolation and voltage switching circuits in them which alter the timings of the signals from the computer.

Try running your Geckos directly from your computer ports, i.e. by pass your BOB for the step and direction signals and see if this cures the fault.

Geckos are opto isolated, and if your BOB is opto isolated as well this could be slowing things down.

I run Gecko 201's through a non-powered BOB and they work perfectly.
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline Vicke

•  13 13
    • View Profile
My lathe move 0.01mm to Z+ every time after return
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2008, 07:41:07 AM »
Fine Jimpinder,

Well I have a card named breakoutbord  C1 from cnc4pc.  It is optoisolated yes.  Okey I now the eletronics behind the card -the VFD is from -80
and possible not so fast  as a new one. But in this case this part was out of work becaurse the spindel is not moving. 
I have a brand new pc to drive Mach but I have this step fault even before I change the pc.
It was great if any other person how have the same card and is in same situation can verify this extra step.

I have just order a new card like C11 from cnc4pc but have not made any test yet.  I´m not very well on electronics, I most take the time to do
all right becaurse I have only one chance  :P
Intressting to here about slow timing between the circuit.  In config/port and pins and about the Kernel speed.  Have this any thing to do with
with the speed between the circuit. I think I drive the new pc at 60khz.   Ok, before I will start to change the card I like to read if any other have
same experience.   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 07:43:24 AM by Vicke »

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2008, 08:17:26 AM »
Vicke, Here is a link to a topic with a similar problem.

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Vicke

•  13 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2008, 08:34:23 AM »
sorry but I can´t  se any link,  yes my goggle is clean  ;)  Please try again Chaoticone

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!