Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 07:50:16 AM

Author Topic: First Post - need some set-up guidance  (Read 6267 times)

Re: First Post - need some set-up guidance
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2008, 10:01:08 AM »
Hood,

I have shielded cables for my limit/ home switches but I did not have them grounded.  After your recommendation I grounded to the chassis of the enclosure that I have the Geckos in, but unfortunately I still have the problem....

Debounce is set to 10000 and I still have the issue...

Funny thing is, every 30 seconds or so, while watching the diagnostics page, I see the M3 home switch activate briefly, then all of the limits get thrown and I get an E-Stop.

Additionally, I see the number 4 pin continuously lit... even without Jogging -  #4 is the step for the y, so not sure why that would be happenning...

Pete

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2008, 12:19:22 PM »
Not sure what you mean by the pin 4 being lit, is it the port1 pins current state or the lights  below that?

You may have very sensitive switches so that the slightest movement makes them bounce, try tapping the switches one at a time and see if they activate.
 Also if you attach your xml I will have a look and see if I can find a problem.
Hood
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2008, 02:16:26 PM »
Yes,  I am referring to the lights under the port 1 pin listing on the diagnostics page.  I have one that is lit all the time, it is the fourth pin from the left top row. ( I assumed it represented pin number 4) which is my directional pin for the Y axis.

Normally nothing lit there...

On another note, I am using a Toshiba Laptop, and the driver test is 99% good however, every now and then I get a spike. Think it is resulting in the motors stalling everynow and then... Going through optimization steps today. Not sure this would trigger the e-stop.

I attached the XML file... Thanks in advance for taking a look.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2008, 04:27:01 PM »
Dont see anything wrong in your xml from a quick look. I suspect its bad switches try removing them all except one and see if you can get it working. You can jumper out switches if its hard to actually remove them from the circuit.

Hood