Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 04:37:55 AM

Author Topic: help with wiring diagrams  (Read 5404 times)

Offline Graham Waterworth

•  2,668 2,668
  • Yorkshire Dales, England
    • View Profile
help with wiring diagrams
« on: December 12, 2005, 06:42:56 PM »
Hi All,

is there a repository of standard/example wiring diagrams for limit switches, estop, MPG's with axis select switches etc.

It would make life a bit easier than reinventing the wheel.

Thanks

Graham.
Without engineers the world stops

Art

Re: help with wiring diagrams
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 07:12:41 PM »
Hi Graham:

I think I have a wiring diagram around somewhere, Ill try to find it and post it. But these days, its gotten pretty easy. Almost anyting wired up onlt has two wires, Probes, switches..ect.. So the general rule is, one wire to the signal pin setup, the other to ground..

Art
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 02:35:07 AM »
I have some Honeywell HOA1887-12 photo sensors I would like to use as limits, homes etc. 

Link to datasheet: http://catalog.sensing.honeywell.com/datasheet.asp?FAM=infrared&PN=HOA1887%2D012
Link to Schematic: http://catalog.sensing.honeywell.com/Author/Images/honeywell/ir/sch_027.gif   

It is the non-Darlington Schematic

Does the collector or the emitter go to the signal pin? do I need a resistor of any sort?

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 02:36:56 AM by rcotteleer »

Vmax

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2005, 10:47:47 AM »
Art when I first started my project(all  finished now) a basic wiring schematic and a basic handbook with a standard pins, port config would have been a GODSENT. A primer that walks you thru the process and explains the basic process and meaning of the basic VERBAGE used would be very valuable to a newbie. Someone would tell me to do "This or that" and I would not have a clue as to what it meant. Now that you are retiring and will have ALL the time in the world  ;D, Yea right , been there done that..    Thanks Terry
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2005, 12:51:44 PM »
Hi,

I understand the problem but struggle with the solution. Some thoughts:

(a) When one moves to a new city the neighbours will alwas tell you how to drive to downtown but you will usually get totally lost. So your wife, when she goes, takes the Sat-Nav. She gets there fine following the turn by turn directions but when she goes with you next time - no Sat-Nav - she has no idea where to go.

- I find learning is a subtle and difficult thing.

(b) The car does not come with a street atlas of every town. You can get one in the phone book or even from from the city council.

- The most likely source of wiring information is from the supplier of your hardware (e.g. the breakout board)

(c) When we are retrofitting a machine with components bought from several sources, it is like navigating the outskirts of one town connected to the centre of another by the roads of a third.

- This is tough!

The Customization wiki has a section for case studies where anyone who has found a good way is invited to contribute. What you have learned (the hard way perhaps) will surely help others.

John Prentice