Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 06:21:44 AM

Author Topic: Can I use a Pokey board to increase and decrease RPM and Feed  (Read 3340 times)

Can I use a Pokey board to increase and decrease RPM and Feed
« on: September 09, 2008, 05:59:25 AM »
Hi, Like the title of my post, would like to use a pokey device to increase and decrease RPM and Feed, 10% each time I push the appropriate button. I could have one button to go up and one to go down with 10% increment.

Thanks

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
Re: Can I use a Pokey board to increase and decrease RPM and Feed
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 06:03:02 AM »
Yes, that should be a pretty simple thing to do.  :)

Brett
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 06:17:04 AM »
I do that through OEM Triggers and buttonss on my lathes control  panel at  the moment so using the Pokey would be exactly the same as instead of using the parallel port for the input like I have it woould be the PoKey. I use a simple brain and if I keep the button pressed it will go up through the FRO range, another button puts it down and yet another resets it to 100%
 However you may wish to wait a bit as I believe the plugin for the encoders and analogue inoputs on the PoKeys is getting nearing completion. Once that is done you can fit  a pot so that the FRO would be infinitely variable instead of just a % step.

Hood
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2008, 01:48:06 PM »
Hi, thanks for the reply, I will wait for the pokey's update. Do you know how long this could take.

Offline Hood

•  25,835 25,835
  • Carnoustie, Scotland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2008, 02:07:48 PM »
Should be soon, Art has it sort of done I think, but Borisz needs to do some tweaks in the PoKeys before its right.
Hood