Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 12:02:06 PM

Author Topic: Solutions for Pendant Control?  (Read 7047 times)

Solutions for Pendant Control?
« on: June 10, 2006, 10:51:47 AM »
I admit to knowing zero about setting up a pendant, but I know I'd like one. I wonder if , and this is hypothetical of course, if one of our more sentient members could put together a solution for gnomes  like me. That is, (1) a cheap X, Y, Z controller, (2) clear and concise instructions as to how to configure it, (3) make it so simple even a dust ball could get repeatable reliable performance from this upgrade. Somewhere over the rainbow...................... ;D ;D ;D
Re: Solutions for Pendant Control?
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 09:06:34 PM »
I use an external USB numerical Keypad, works really well, just use the arrow keys.

I use this one...

http://www.targus.com/us/product_details.asp?sku=PAKP004U

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 05:59:53 PM »
That one is cool. Just the stuff I think I'd need, good price to.
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2006, 05:55:14 PM »
Why not just a game pad like controller for XYZ. Any one know of one that would be easy to set up?
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 11:19:04 PM »
Check out www.homecnccontrol.com
Just what the doctor ordered.
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 09:09:51 AM »
Check out www.homecnccontrol.com
Just what the doctor ordered.
Yeh this is more like it. I will be interested in seeing the final price of the new model. It looks to have it all in one small package. Thank you for the heads up, nice unit.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 01:16:24 AM »
Why not just a game pad like controller for XYZ. Any one know of one that would be easy to set up?

I have heard other use a game pad, and the machine drifts some, moves on its own with the joystick type control.
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 10:53:04 AM »
I've used a joystick as well as a game pad, configured with KeyGrabber and they both drifted on their own for some reason. I even brought one of the joysticks back to the store and exchanged for a new one, and it did the same thing after a week. It might be that I was just too cheap and didn't go with an expensive joystick