Hello Guest it is April 18, 2024, 07:59:14 PM

Author Topic: motor hesitation  (Read 3256 times)

Offline PCH

•  80 80
    • View Profile
motor hesitation
« on: August 28, 2008, 09:06:41 PM »
:-[I have set up my motors to run smoothly from the keyboard.  When calibrating steps per in the settings menu & also when running the g-codes from the mach3 directory that came with the program it seems that no matter what my accel & velocity settings are the motors on my x,y are hesitating for a split second on just about each revolution. Its a very jerky travel and even faults my geckos if I accelerate too fast.  Not sure what to do.

Offline jimpinder

•  1,232 1,232
  • Wakefield, West Yorks, UK
    • View Profile
Re: motor hesitation
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 04:22:57 AM »
You are a bit short on detail.

Have you got a machine - how big is it, what are your motors, have you accurately set your steps per unit for your motors. Is you machine set up in millimeters or inches. Start with that and we will try and help. It will be a setting up problem, usually.

Reading your post, you say the motors run from the keyboard - i.e. do you mean you can jog them. At what steps per, speed  and acc are your motors set to.

« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 04:26:28 AM by jimpinder »
Not me driving the engine - I'm better looking.

Offline PCH

•  80 80
    • View Profile
Re: motor hesitation
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 08:39:47 PM »
After calling Gecko I had to change pulse width to 2 for all the motors in the motor tuning menu in Mach3/   That was it!   I ran the roadrunner g-code that came with Mach3 and it worked perfectly.
Thanks for getting back to me.  I love this forum.

Pat