Hello Guest it is March 28, 2024, 08:02:58 AM

Author Topic: Auto Tool zero. Which Input etc. do I Use?  (Read 16968 times)

Offline Greolt

•  956 956
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Tool zero. Which Input etc. do I Use?
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2009, 03:15:04 PM »
This may not be the correct place and there may be a thread that address my problem but I can not get the Auto Tool Zero Touch Plate to work.

This is my set up.

I am not using any screen in Mach.  I have added an LED to my touch plate.  I have 2.5 volts to power things.

I am using the code that is at the top of the thread.  Before I run the macro from my Shuttle Pro, I touch the plate to the router or bit and the LED lights and I can see on the Diagnostic page that a complete circuit has been made.

When I run the macro, the router is driven through the plate and wants to continue.  It does not stop. 

What am I doing wrong or what do I need to change.  it would seem to me that I should be able to hold the plate in the air and once the router has touched the plate, it would stop driving downwards and set the Z to zero and move upward to stop.

Help please.  If you need additonal information, let me know.

Thanks

Sounds to me like either your "ports and pins" are set incorrect or the touch plate is not triggering a signal to Mach.

There is some potential for confusion with Mach's terminology.  On the diagnostics page the LED is called "digitise".    In "ports and pins" the input is called "probe"

If you are sure you have that setup correctly and Mach is seeing the probe input change state on tool touching the plate then try this,

enter G31 Z-5 F5 into the MDI and as the Z moves down activate the touch plate.  The Z move should stop when this happens.

If not then I strongly suspect that one of the aforementioned setup issues is in need of attention.

Greg
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2009, 05:17:58 PM »
Greg,

Thanks, I will try that and get back with you.

Offline Chaoticone

•  5,624 5,624
  • Precision Chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2009, 09:19:14 PM »
;D If you could see the things I have in my head, you would be laughing too. ;D

My guard dog is not what you need to worry about!
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2009, 02:21:10 PM »
Greg,

That was my problem.  I did not have the correct Input set up for Probe in Ports and Pins.  Once I fixed that the touch plate worked great.  I had to do a little adjusting to the height.

I have attached a pic of my plate.  I currently have an alligator clip that attaches to the bare wire that is above the LED.  I will most like attach that to the red wire and cut off the bare wire and the black one.

Thanks for your help.
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2009, 03:32:21 PM »
Hello i also start with a zero tool but i am looking for a macro under one button that is doing two things first edge finding or centerfinding and then z-axe zeroing .
Who can help me with this i am from Holland so if the English isn't,t perfect sorry for it .
thanks John.M

www.cncworks.nl