Hello Guest it is April 26, 2024, 08:32:48 AM

Author Topic: XBox360 Controller New Version Available  (Read 18590 times)

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
Re: XBox360 Controller New Version Available
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 12:04:55 PM »
Hi Jejeadx,

I am away from my regular computer so I cannot test the controller now. 

1. Is it a wireless controller?  A wireless controller may very well go into the sleep mode to save batteries.
2. Try leaving the controller connected and not going into Mach for 25 min and see if the controller disconnects itself.  If so it is a Windows thing.
3. Check and see how long you have the desktop settings screensaver set for.  The screensaver time and/or the Windows sleep mode may be set fro approx 25 min.

I have used the controller for 2 - 3 hours at a time without and have not had any problems. But I use it a lot during those 2-3 hours so nothing every goes into the sleep mode.

Let me know how it goes.
Lee
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 11:32:41 PM »
The wireless controller automatically shuts off after 10 minutes of inactivity. There is no fix I'm aware of. I don't have this problem with my hard wired controller.

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2009, 11:56:31 PM »
Thanks Atlas56.

I am still away from my computer.  But, I thought that was the case.

Lee
Problem with Ref All Home
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2009, 05:18:54 PM »
Hi Lee,

Found a problem on my machine when pressing the BACK button which defaults to Ref All Home. What happens is that the process starts like I pressed the button onscreen, the Z axis moves up, touches the limit switch and then backs off. Next, the Y should home but instead the X starts for home and the Z starts going back up at the same time, past the limits and into the hard stops.

This happens wired or wireless.

Doing a Ref Al Home from the screen button works as normal.

Mach 3.042.021, Smoothstepper Beta V0.015ogb, Xbox controller plugin V2.1

Also, the config says the triggers speed up and slow down the jogging speed but don't seem to have any effect on my system. My jogging speed is approx 50% of jogging with the keyboard or MPG. How do I make the controller go at full speed?

Regards, Jeff.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2009, 05:29:07 PM by Smiler »

Offline Leed3

•  162 162
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2009, 11:33:45 PM »
Hi Jeff,
I am still away from my computer and will be for another week. So I cannot test the Ref All Home until I get back.  As soon as I test it and find out what is going on, I'll let you know.

Regarding, the trigger for jog override, it works fine for other folks.  The way it works is that you press the thumbstick to move in a direction and, while it is moving, you press the trigger next to the thumbstick you are pressing.  It does not work to press one thumbstick and the opposite trigger.  You should see the feed rate increase.

In an effort to mach sure everything is working and that you have the feed rate override set properly, try pressing and holding the Shift key and then pressing the arrow key and see if the feed rate increases.  If so Mach is working properly and your equipment is working properly.  The slow jog rate can be set from 0 to 100.  It does not have to be set to 50% to work.  If the keyboard works and your joystick trigger does not then try looking at the joystick calibration works in the control panel.  It is always possible that your triggers are bad.

With all of that being said, it is possible the problem is really with the interface to the smooth stepper.  Ver 2.1 added support for it and I relied upon those having a smooth stepper to test it and get back to me.  I don't have a smooth stepper so I cannot test it.  So, please do the above steps and let me know what you find.  If it is still a problem then I will contact the folks that were testing it for me and have them check for the same problem I also have a program that Greg at Warp9 sent me to test the interface.  But, it will have to wait until I get back to my computer.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks
Lee
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2009, 05:08:00 AM »
Hi lee and thank Atlas56.

If the XBOX 360 wireless remains connected surroundings 15 minutes without touched, it is disconnected automatically and Mach 3 informs us with the message: "XBOX DESCONNECTED"

It is ok because that makes it possible to safeguard the batteries. What is a pity, when I restart the  Xbox with the PC it s not connect with mach3. It is necessary to close mach3 then to reopen so that the lever functions. I suppose that there is no solution?

Thank you with all